Business Development Manager
Our client provides software solutions for Name and Address data cleansing and bulk mail postal sortation’s. Key markets include UK based mail producers, data bureaux, and corporate end users. We have an enviable reputation within the Direct Marketing and bulk postal services industry and are considered the number one software provider within this niche market. Recently the business has also developed a new suite of cloud-based solutions aimed at automation and integration which will be part of the role.
The Business Development Manager will work in a senior sales position within the company. It is their job to work with the internal team and other managers to increase sales opportunities and thereby maximise revenue for the organisation. To achieve this, they need to find potential new customers, present software propositions to them and ultimately convert them into clients.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for cultivating prospects within key market sectors from the CRM database through regular telephone communication, as well as being supported by marketing activities to support the Brand and focus on key selling points for our software solutions.
This position is a New Business focussed role, targeting new clients.
A target for the role will also be to source new prospect contacts which do not current exist within the CRM database. An on-going nurture programme of communication will follow throughout the lifecycle of the sales process.
The role will be based out of our offices in South London for 1-2 days per week. The rest of the working week will be either based working from home where the employee will be conducting desk-based research and sales follow-ups or with prospects on-site at their premises.
- Create prospecting process.
- Create lead qualification process.
- Report day-to-day key performance metrics (calls made, appointments set, Sales made etc)
- Track sales metrics and report data to leadership team on a regular basis.
- Work with sales leadership to generate ideas for sales contests and motivational initiatives
- Weekly team meetings with the Managing Director
- Coach and develop any direct reports
- Implement performance plans according to company procedure
- Embody company culture and maintain high sales employee engagement
- Meet pre-determined revenue KPIs
- Ensure correct usage of CRM and other sales applications
- Maintain CRM contact database for all opportunities
- Train and ensure adherence to agreed sales process
Key duties include:
- Identify, research and engage decision maker contacts within Key vertical markets including:
- Mail Producers
- Data Bureau
- Print Management Service providers
- Printers considering Mail Production
- End user Clients within sectors agreed with the Sales Leadership, such as;
- Financial Services
- Mail Order
- Public Sector
- Build a rapport with a broad range of prospects at every level within a range of prospects
- Prepare and deliver Benefits lead sales presentations to prospects
- Produce template driven Sales proposals and RFP responses where required
- Deliver software demonstrations across all products – training to be provid
- Three to five years in a Sales or Business Development role; within a direct mail or data software related industry preferred with a demonstrable track record of success
- Strategic thinker
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Confident presentation skills
- Familiarity with sales data analysis and reporting
- Hardworking, persistent, and dependable
- Positive and enthusiastic
- Target driven
- Knowledge of Mail Production and/or Data Hygiene an advantage
Self-starter – The successful candidate will be expected to work on their own.
Travel will be a significant part of the role, as the role involves visiting prospective clients across the UK, although we do encourage use of web conferencing wherever possible.
This advert is being managed by Partners of Research Ltd. trading as Hiring People. Your details will be passed onto our client. In some cases, where our client is acting on behalf of another employer, your details will also be passed onto them. We expect our clients to hold your data in a responsible fashion, but ultimately have no control. Partners of Research Ltd and/or our client may contact you confirming receipt of your application. Your data will be located on servers both within and outside the EU.