South East Wales
£10.00 - £12.00 (depending on experience)
Permanent / Full time
Reporting to: Construction Manager
Focusing in the domestic and commercial insurance market, our client, a construction company, works with some of the biggest insurance and claims management companies in the UK. With specialist services and their own in-house trade teams, they deal with everything from complete rebuilds and refurbishments of both commercial and residential properties.
Established in 1985, they aim to drive growth over the next few years by investing in their most important asset, their people. They want team members who are keen on developing higher levels of service through their own personal development, something they invest heavily in and which is demonstrated by their Investors in People and Chartered Building status. They are also in the process of becoming NHBC registered.
The motivation of our client is simple - to establish and grow a high-end Welsh building services provider with year-on year-growth, delivering building repairs through a team of highly skilled and qualified professionals, within specific market sectors demanding high levels of service.
You will routinely work on all types of interiors of housing developments and refurbishments, providing surface finish to ceilings and walls. You will be able apply the different stages of plaster and render as required and achieve a high-quality finish.
You will be able to understand technical drawings and where products fit into a house to ensure you prepare walls and ceilings appropriately for fixtures and fittings. You will work alongside experienced tradesmen of a wide range of disciplines, and perform in a safe and conscientious manner.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Prepare surfaces for concrete, rendering or masonry work
- Apply internal plaster, external render, stucco or related material to a high standard of finish
- Install lathing to support plaster, stucco, or related construction material; repair cracks, defects, or damage in buildings; install insulating materials; build or repair masonry structures; tape dry wall joints
- Carry out additional general maintenance works such as artexing, rendering, wall tiling, basic carpentry work and painting and decorating
- Complete the repair and maintenance tasks and associated job activities in compliance with the company's agreed customer service standards and operational procedures
- Carry out plastering repair job assessments (inspections), identifying the repair to be completed and materials required to complete the repair task
- Participate in the repairs and maintenance out-of-hours emergency service when required
- To work regularly alone in or around customer's homes, empty properties or other similar sites
- To work occasionally at heights from scaffold platforms, ladders or mechanical equipment
- Drive a company vehicle provided and comply with the vehicle maintenance and repairs procedures
- Maintain the optimum level of material stocks to maximise the opportunity to complete the repair task on the first visit to the property
- Responsible for the safe use of a range of portable tools, ladders and equipment to enable duties of the job to be carried out
- To promote and maintain good customer relations whilst carrying out duties.
As a company employee your role expects you to:
- Represent company with pride and professionalism
- Treat colleagues, clients and managers with respect
- Take responsibility for yourself and others in regard to safe working and Health & Safety standards and practices
- If required, prepared to work outside the standard working week and weekends Attributes:
- Honest, trustworthy and respectful
- Flexible and committed
- Demonstrates a sound work ethic
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to work across the South Wales region
- Served an apprenticeship in Plastering or obtained an equivalent NVQ level 3 in Plastering.
- Relevant qualification in any additional building skills.
- At least 3 years' experience of working as a plasterer in the Building trade, either as a plasterer or as a multi skilled plasterer.
- Experience of working for a social landlord, a council or housing association.
Skills and Aptitude
- Capable of undertaking additional trade skills such as:
- Basic knowledge of Health and Safety
- Ability to record detailed and accurate repairs information relating to repair inspections or completed repair jobs
- Experience of working with a range of portable tools, small plant, ladders and equipment to enable duties of the job to be carried out
- Basic carpentry
- Painting and decorating
- A flexible approach to variety
- Willingness to contribute to teamwork
- Committed to providing a professional customer service
- Ability to establish and maintain good relationships with policy holders and other service users
- Willingness to learn and develop additional skills
- Ability to drive
Please submit your CV and current contact details online today.
Orange Recruitment is advertising this position on behalf of our client. By clicking apply you accept that your application will be forwarded to only this client in order for them to consider you for the role.