Working Site Foreman
Working Site Foreman
South East Wales
£12.00 - £14.00 / Hr (depending on experience)
Full time / Permanent / 37.5 Hrs per week
Focusing in the domestic and commercial insurance market, our client, a construction company, works with some of the biggest insurance and claims management companies in the UK. With specialist services and their own in-house trade teams, they deal with everything from complete rebuilds and refurbishments of both commercial and residential properties.
Established in 1985, they aim to drive growth over the next few years by investing in their most important asset, their people. They want team members who are keen on developing higher levels of service through their own personal development, something they invest heavily in and which is demonstrated by their Investors in People and Chartered Building status. They are also in the process of becoming NHBC registered.
The motivation of our client is simple - to establish and grow a high-end Welsh building services provider with year-on year-growth, delivering building repairs through a team of highly skilled and qualified professionals, within specific market sectors demanding high levels of service.
This role provides leadership and is responsible for, although not limited to:
- Supervising & leadership
- Ensuring the safety of staff and subcontractors
- Following Health & Safety regulations and guidelines
- Planning & scheduling
- Employee relations
- Productivity and quality control of team members and subcontractors
As a key participant in the relationship with the company, other contractors, and the client, the Working Site Foreman (WSF) is the second management level and has a further role as a coordinating manager and client interface.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The WSF must provide leadership that results in a safe work culture, is responsible and accountable for the safety of the workers and subcontractors under his/her direction, and must understand and accept the importance of this part of the role.
- Knowing and understanding the requirements of key pieces of health & safety regulations as they apply to the construction sector
- Knowing, understanding, communicating and ensuring compliance with company accreditations, including company safety policies and procedures
- Facilitate mandatory safety Toolbox Training meetings
- Ensuring completion of initial safety and hazard assessments
- Participating in safety/incident investigations
- Ensuring that vehicle and equipment checks are carried out
- Site Establishment
- Site Inductions
LEADERSHIP AND SUPERVISION
The WSF coordinates both employees and subcontractors, and must understand and consistently apply the company's policies. The WSF is required to be involved and supportive of any day-to-day disciplinary decisions.
- Communicating the job to and with employees and subcontractors
- Assigning staff and subcontractor tasks
- Recognising, addressing and resolving issues/problems among/between staff and subcontractors
- Maintaining work standards and outlining behavioural expectations to ensure employee morale and productivity
- Applying the principles of workplace respect on site
- Ensuring staff and subcontractor compliance with project policies and procedures
- Ensuring staff and subcontractor compliance with company policies and procedures
- Ensuring delivery notes are correctly logged and forwarded to head office
PLANNING AND SCHEDULING
The WSF is accountable for following project plans and schedules and ensuring that staff and subcontractors under their direction perform daily and weekly activities to meet production goals.
- Translating general work requirements into a prioritised work plan for staff and subcontractors
- Working with staff and subcontractors to overcome work challenges
- Periodically reassessing daily goals to meet forecasted production
The WSF must champion an inclusive employee relations culture, and is accountable for the adherence to policies and procedures by staff to ensure a respectful and inclusive work environment.
- Recognising, addressing and resolving issues/problems among/between staff
- Promoting, supporting and facilitating teamwork and harmony between all staff by promoting and fostering a positive, visible teamwork attitude among all staff
The WSF is accountable for ensuring that the completed work meets quality standards.
- On-site assessment prior to commencing work to ensure that the job is ready, and addressing any concerns
- Overseeing the execution of the work, including quality and production, ensuring that the staff and subcontractor works to job specifications and schedules
- Inspecting and measuring completed work
The WSF is accountable for the preparation of reports as required by the employer.
- Maintaining Site Safety File reports and records
- Preparation of daily production records
- Reporting on work progress
- Completing quality reports
- Daily time keeping & reporting
- Worker issue reports
- Recommending personnel actions such as hiring, releasing, promotions and discipline
- To attend and contribute to regular meetings
- To participate in appraisal process
- To follow and abide by policies and procedures at all times including Health and Safety, Equal Opportunities and Confidentiality
- To undertake any other duties that may be required as deemed appropriate
It is the responsibility of the WSF to cease all work when the contract quantity has been reached, and await written authorisation for any work outside of or beyond the original contract.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Company and project safety
- Occupational Health and Safety and environmental issues
- The ability to read and interpret construction drawings (i.e. what materials are required for a project and where to place those items in the field)
- Employment standards and company policies
- How to read plans and a schedule of works
- Knowledge of construction methods, construction materials and industry requirements
- Knowledge of heavy equipment
- Lead teams of staff and subcontractors
- Effectively communicate orally and in writing, with good comprehension
- Coach staff members
- Apply good problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Manage differences and diversity at the work site
- Organise and delegate work
- Handle the administrative duties of position, including completion of required documents
- Are ready to take on new challenges and are willing to learn
- Have a good work ethic
Apply for Working Site Foreman
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly