6 days left
- Full Time
South East Wales
£8.00 - £10.00 / Hr depending on experience
Full time / Permanent
Reporting to: Multi Skilled Tradesman
Focusing in the domestic and commercial insurance market, our client, a construction company, works with some of the biggest insurance and claims management companies in the UK. With specialist services and their own in-house trade teams, they deal with everything from complete rebuilds and refurbishments of both commercial and residential properties.
Established in 1985, they aim to drive growth over the next few years by investing in their most important asset, their people. They want team members who are keen on developing higher levels of service through their own personal development, something they invest heavily in and which is demonstrated by their Investors in People and Chartered Building status. They are also in the process of becoming NHBC registered.
The motivation of our client is simple - to establish and grow a high-end Welsh building services provider with year-on year-growth, delivering building repairs through a team of highly skilled and qualified professionals, within specific market sectors demanding high levels of service.
This role is task driven:
The following needs to adhered too:
- Ensuring safety
- Following Health & Safety regulations and guidelines
- Employee relations
- Productivity and quality control of team members
- Administration where required
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Must ensure a safe working environment.
- Knowing and understanding the requirements of key pieces of health & safety regulations as they apply to their role
- Knowing, understanding, communicating and ensuring compliance with company accreditations, including company safety policies and procedures
- Attending mandatory safety Toolbox Training meetings
- Participating in safety/incident investigations
- Ensuring that vehicle and equipment checks are carried out
- Working with staff and subcontractors to overcome work challenges
Accountable for ensuring that the completed work meets quality standards.
- To attend and contribute to regular meetings
- To participate in appraisal process
- To follow and abide by policies and procedures at all times including Health and Safety, Equal Opportunities and Confidentiality
- To undertake any other duties that may be required as deemed appropriate
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Company and project safety
- Occupational Health and Safety and environmental issues
- The ability to read and interpret construction drawings (i.e. what materials are required for a project)
- Employment standards and company policies
- Knowledge of construction methods, construction materials and industry requirements
- Effectively communicate
- Organise work
- Are ready to take on new challenges and are willing to learn
- Have a good work ethic
- Can adjust to change
- Can be a role model
- Are a team player
- Take responsibility
- NVQ Level 2, BTEC diploma in specific trade or similar
- Has 3 to 5 years' experience as a qualified and competent tradesperson
- CSCS Card
- Has a valid and clean UK driver's licence
Please submit your CV and current contact details online today.
Orange Recruitment is advertising this position on behalf of our client. By clicking apply you accept that your application will be forwarded to only this client in order for them to consider you for the role.
Apply for Building Operatives
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly