Principal Technical Adviser
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Principal Technical Adviser - Digital Trust Service to join the team based in Wilmslow on a full time, permanent basis. You will receive a competitive salary of £ 45,697 per annum plus pension and excellent benefits.
The Information Commissioners Office (ICO) is the UK supervisory body for the trust service provisions (covering electronic signatures, seals, time stamps, registered delivery services or website authentication certificates) of the eIDAS Regulation. We can grant and revoke qualified status for trust service providers established in the UK, report on security breaches, carry out audits and take enforcement action.
About the Principal Technical Adviser - Digital Trust Service role
As the Principal Technical Adviser – eIDAS, you will be a subject matter expert for the ICO on trust services, responsible for leading on operational eIDAS activities for the ICO.
Principal Technical Adviser - Digital Trust duties and key responsibilities:
- Reviewing reports on trust services and assessing their compliance with established technical and legislative requirements, making recommendations for improvement where required
- Being prepared to conduct assured and professional assessments directly if required
- Using and developing investigative skills to lead on eIDAS-related UK incidents or breaches
- Sharing your findings with our fellow supervisory bodies across Europe and with the European Union Agency for Network and Information Security, ENISA
- Managing relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders, including trust service providers, conformity bodies and European supervisory bodies
- This role will involve travel, including to other European countries for meetings of the Forum of European Supervisory Authorities
- Having the opportunity to be involved in ICO work on trust service development as well as our wider information rights work - this could involve supporting a high-profile case investigation or reviewing technical information provided during a security audit
- Helping shape the ICO’s thinking and activity on eIDAS as the trust service market expands, ensuring the qualified trust service model remains effective and building confidence in the UK regulatory regime
Closing date: Midnight Sunday 12th August 2018
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become a Principal Technical Adviser - Digital Trust then please click ‘Apply’ today!