Machine Shop Manager
6 days left
- Full Time
Machine Shop Manager
Dowlais, Merthyr Tydfil
Our client, a growing specialist Furniture manufacturing company are seeking a dynamic Machine Shop Manager with a background in fabrication and machining to manage the Machine Shop at Dowlais, Merthyr Tydfil.
Manufacturing an unrivalled range of products, our client succeeds in creating efficient and motivating environments across the UK, Europe and Asia. Flexible and reliable service makes their Furniture the leading choice for government departments, educational establishments and corporations. Our client has showrooms in South Wales, London, Holland and Shanghai.
The successful candidate will have proven experience in all manufacturing practices, with the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
The role of the Department Manager will be to:
- Fully understand production data, analyze trends and take appropriate corrective action.
- Have the ability to set direction and communicate clear departmental objectives to the team.
- Demonstrate the ability to make decisions where necessary taking into account all relevant and available information.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills to plan ahead to complete tasks on time and to the required standard.
- Flexible and adaptable with a positive attitude to change and improvement.
- Understands the overall direction of the business and is able to appreciate the relevance and impact of departmental performance.
- Managing the production staff - Up to 25 people.
- Ensuring KPIs are met.
- Actively involved with Continuous Improvement and Lean on the shop floor.
- Planning of the workload, production scheduling and planning.
- Ensuring training of staff is to top standard.
- Ensuring Product standards are maintained.
- Introduction of continuous improvement procedures for new manufacturing technologies.
To succeed you will have:
- A Minimum of 5 years production management experience in a fast paced environment.
- Strong people management skills - Production Manager.
- Be a good planner and coordinator.
- Proficient in manufacturing methodologies.
- Furniture manufacturing experience.
Please click the ‘Apply Now' button below and send us your full CV and covering letter.
Orange Recruitment is advertising this position on behalf of our client. By clicking apply you accept that your application will be forwarded to only this client in order for them to consider you for the role.
Apply for Machine Shop Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly