GIS/Data Management Support Technician
6 days left
- Full Time
GIS/Data Management Support Technician
Our client is an independent, international consulting practice which provides globally integrated consulting services to the international mining and natural resources industry. The Group employs over 1,400 professional consultants internationally and has 45 offices on 6 continents. Their client base is wide ranging but focused in the international mining sector.
Our client is located in central Cardiff and currently employs over 110 staff. They are an employee-owned company.
They currently have a full-time position available for an efficient and competent GIS and Data Management Technician.
Location: 5th Floor, Churchill House, 17 Churchill Way, Cardiff, CF10 2HH
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 09:00 - 17:30 with a 30-minute lunch break (40 hours)
Salary Scale: Competitive + Comprehensive Package
Reporting To: Data & Visualisation Team Leader
Holidays: 29 working days per annum inclusive of bank and public holidays. Leave increases with length of service.
Benefits: Following successful completion of the probationary period (or any extension), the following benefits are potentially available, subject to eligibility and qualifying conditions:
- Pension Scheme – 5.25% of basic salary
- Death in Service Benefit
- Permanent Health Insurance Cover
- Discretionary Bonus (subject to performance and company profitability)
- Optional Private Medical Health Care Scheme
- Optional Health Screening
- Employee Assistance Programme
They also operate the following schemes:
- Childcare Voucher
- Cycle to Work
- Payroll Giving
Our client actively encourages employees, following a qualifying period, to purchase Shares in the group.
To provide expertise and technical support in GIS management and cartography primarily at a project level to our three technical departments as required.
- Must be a competent, experienced user of ArcGIS
- Use and manage an ArcGIS Online Organisation including Collector for ArcGIS and Survey123 for ArcGIS
- Some experience and/or a basic understanding of the mining industry (or alternatively the earth science sector)
- Some experience or knowledge in the development and manipulation of field data capture systems, GPS data, geographic coordinate systems
- Preparation of technical figures, diagrams and scaled drawings and maps for technical reports
- Basic competency in MS Excel, MS Access and general data management
Preferable Additional Experience:
- Experience with other GIS packages including Global Mapper and AutoCAD
- An understanding of how GIS data can be incorporated into technical studies across a wide variety of technical discipline
- Remote sensing skills or experience
- Knowledge and management of geodatabases
- Attention to detail in understanding client (external and internal) needs
- Ability to managing data in an organised systematic approach.
- An effective communicator
- A self-starter with a willingness to learn and develop knowledge and skills in a dynamic environment
- Can work and deliver under tight deadlines
- Continuing Professional Development
It is the policy of our client to provide employees with access to training. They regard Professional Registration as being fundamental to the advancement of both the company and the individual.
You may be required to work at other locations as required and overseas travel may form a part of the role.
To work outside normal working hours when required to meet deadlines.
Please apply online and send your current CV / Cover Letter and any further documents supporting your application.
Orange Recruitment is advertising this position on behalf of our client. By clicking apply you accept that your application will be uploaded onto our clients candidate portal in order for them to consider you for the role.
Apply for GIS/Data Management Support Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly