Are you a biology professional with a background in PCR? Looking to take your next step as a Research Assistant for a ground-breaking PCR specialist company? If so, read on.
Born from modest beginnings, our client has grown from two guys with a great idea to a leading provider of real-time PCR solutions. They have thousands of happy customers based across the globe and have a real ambition to drive their business forward and achieve even more.
Now, they’re looking for a Research Assistant to join their expanding R&D Department in Southampton.
- Competitive salary
- Team lunches (they love to eat cake, so if you have a sweet tooth, you’ll be in good company)
- A personal trainer visits the office twice a week (so you can justify eating cake)
- Great summer and Christmas social events
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- 25 days’ holiday
This is a superb and rare opportunity to progress your career and delve deeper into the practical applications of PCR with one of the most exciting commercial organisations working in molecular biology.
The company has an excellent foundation in disease and genetics studies as well as cell and molecular biology and, having become part of a global group in 2016, have ensured their future and accelerated their growth.
You’ll discover a fantastic mix of cutting edge work alongside a relaxed, sociable, team-focused environment. Having begun as a start-up, the company now boasts over 50 employees and multi-million-pound turnover, but still manages to retain their small, family-team feel.
As a Research Assistant, you will join the R&D function and be primarily tasked with developing and testing products to meet the needs of a new initiative for our client.
This exciting new venture revolves around developing kits and services for some of the biggest players in the PCR field. This innovative area of molecular biology attracts organisations from academia, research, healthcare, food and even the veterinary industry and so there will be a huge range of applications for the products you are involved with.
Specifically, your role will involve:
- Assisting in the design and written elements of protocols for development studies
- Supporting the execution of development studies including data analysis and report creation
- Contributing to the development of kits and services for business customers
- Assisting with lab and assay design-related activities
- Ensuring research documentation is completed, including technical summaries
- Providing progress reports for projects
To be considered as a Research Assistant, you will need:
- At a minimum, a bachelor’s degree in a related field and at least two years’ experience within a similar research role in industry
- Previous PCR knowledge and hands-on experience
- Strong laboratory experience and confidence
- The ability to work well within a team and strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills and outstanding attention to detail
Other organisations may call this role Research Assistant, R&D Assistant, Product Development Assistant, Lab Assistant, Laboratory Assistant, Lab Technician, PCR Technician, Research Studies Assistant, or Molecular Biology Research Assistant.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are looking for an exciting opportunity as a Research Assistant, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.