Deputy Database Services Manager
Deputy Database Services Manager - Leading Animal Charity
Blue Cross are one of the UK’s leading rehoming organisations for animals. We support sick, injured and homeless pets and care for more than 40,000 animals every year through our rehoming, veterinary and education programmes.
Currently, we’re working to rehome 20,000 pets by 2020 and our hard-working volunteers will play an important role in helping us achieve our ambition.
As such, we’re looking for a Deputy Database Services Manager to support our IT activities.
- Salary of £30,000 - £35,000
- Pension scheme
- Company sick pay
- Life insurance
- Employee assistance programme
Joining our incredible charity, you will find that you are not only doing something positive and important for your career and future prospects, you are also doing something positive and important for others. You’ll be helping us make a huge difference to animals throughout the UK, their welfare and their futures.
With new rules surrounding data protection and personal data, this is an exciting time to be joining us and getting involved with our database. You’ll be working at the new frontier in compliance with these rules and making sure we maximise the way we work within them.
So, if you are looking for an exciting role where you can expand your database, data interrogation and GDPR skills and experience, this is the role you’ve been waiting for and we want to hear from you.
As a Deputy Database Services Manager, you will be tasked with managing our database resources to enable optimised income generation within our charitable environment.
Specifically, you will utilise the data within our database to help deliver both income and high levels of customer and supporter satisfaction. You will disseminate database information to ensure that our marketing and fundraising communications are effectively targeted and reach only the right audiences as defined by our database.
Additionally, your role will involve:
- Working as part of a team to ensure that data is captured, maintained and managed accurately and in a legally compliant manner
- Optimising resources to improve supporter relationships and lifetime value
- Ensuring that data selections and data loads are undertaken in a timely and high standard manner
- Standardising and recording procedures to maintain consistently high standards
- Helping develop new ways of presenting metrics and insight to improve decision making
To be considered as a Deputy Database Services Manager, you will need:
- Experience of working in a database or CRM role.
- Experience of database interrogation tools and providing insight solutions to internal customers
- Knowledge of GDPR and data protection legislation
- Strong project management and organisational skills
- A full manual UK driving licence and access to your own vehicle (due to our office location in Carterton)
Ideal candidates will have a relevant degree or an equivalent qualification. Knowledge of Care and or Faststats applications would also be an advantage, as would experience or knowledge of the charity sector.
Experience of data process mapping would be beneficial and experience of dealing with multi-database operations and single view solutions would be equally favourable, however none of these are essential.
We are interested in hearing from candidates who have held the role of Deputy Database Services Manager, Database Administrator, CRM System Administrator, DBA, Data Intelligence Administrator, or Data Systems Administrator.
Webrecruit and Blue Cross are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are ready to take on a Deputy Database Services Manager role with an amazing charity, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.