Purchasing Administrator - Corby - £16,575 to £18,525 pa.
A fantastic opportunity for a Purchasing Administrator to join a family run manufacturer of catering trailers.
As a Purchasing Administrator you will be offered:
- Great working environment joining a vibrant workforce
- Every day will be varied and interesting
- Flexible working conditions
- Excellent training
- Competitive salary package, flexi hours based on a 37.5hr week
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays
- Growing business, first class products, young and progressive management
- Varied role as part of a small (fast expanding) business team
The ideal Purchasing Administrator:
- Excellent numerical, written and spoken communication skills
- Friendly and welcoming manner face to face and when on the telephone
- Ability to plan and order materials relevant to the workload coming up, focusing on key priorities
- Good negotiator
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Can use Microsoft Excel and Word adequately
- Open and honest – even when things go wrong
- Positive attitude and willing to solve problems
- Great administration skills
The responsibilities of a Purchasing Administrator:
- Communicate and negotiate effectively with suppliers, build strong relationships with the target of reducing company purchasing costs by 10%
- Ensure goods are delivered ‘just-in-time’ for when our manufacturing team need to use them
- Some purchase and sales ledger duties – raising & progressing orders with suppliers / comparing delivery note to invoice / raising invoices to be sent to customers
- Update the company stock database on an on-going basis
- Initial person to answer the telephone for customers and suppliers
- General administration related to purchasing
- This role requires you to provide support for the day to day administration and office duties working directly with the office manager.
- We work with a small number of clients on big projects to deliver exactly what they designed, it is important that you can be flexible where required to suit the needs of the business.
- Whilst your main role will be measured on your ability to perform as a purchasing administrator, you would be the initial point of contact in terms of answering the phone which would be a small part of your daily process.
About the Company
A family operated business located in Corby, Northamptonshire. The company was established in December 2006 where the owners of the business (and family) brought their skills together to lay the foundations and put in the groundwork on designing and manufacturing quality catering trailers and vehicle conversions for each individual client. They are a small close team who work well and strive to keep the majority of all manufacturing and fabricating processes in-house to ensure the materials used and workmanship is to high standards which they class as the 'norm' expected on behalf of all clients.
How to apply
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply here and our client will be in direct contact.
This advert is being managed by Partners of Research Ltd. trading as Hiring People. Your details will be passed onto our client. In some cases, where our client is acting on behalf of another employer, your details will also be passed onto them. We expect our clients to hold your data in a responsible fashion, but ultimately have no control. Partners of Research Ltd and/or our client may contact you confirming receipt of your application. Your data will be located on servers both within and outside the EU.
Apply for Purchasing Administrator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly