Part Time (permanent) September start
Cheney School is a popular, high-performing school located in the heart of Oxford serving a diverse community of students who are eager to learn and to be challenged. You can read about our recent Ofsted inspection here: Ofsted Visit
We are committed to continuous professional development and have wide-ranging training and development opportunities. We are also mindful of the competing demands people face in their lives.
We require a part-time Art Technician for 25 hours per week, term-time only plus 1 INSET day (hours by arrangement, with some afternoon work if possible) starting September 2018.
For this exciting and creative post, we are interested in applicants with an arts background, preferably with experience of working as a School Technician and/or working with young people, although training will be given.
Outline of tasks include:
- to make the classroom ready for students
- to maintain department work and storage spaces
- to prepare resources ready for lessons
- to ensure stock is available and equipment ready
- to undertake training as necessary
- to support the teacher in lessons
- to set up and monitor ICT and photography equipment
- to support students independently in the development of their work.
- to support the annual art show and other extra-curricular art activities
- to run a weekly art club and life drawing sessions
- 3 hours per week is allocated to assisting all Departments with displays
If you would like to find out more, please contact Alexa Cox, Head of Creative Arts Faculty, phone on:
The hours: 25 hours per week, some flexibility expected. Term time only plus 1 INSET day.
Salary will be on Grade 5 (point 14 - 17) GBP9,467.79 - GBP10,026.91 pro rata.
How to Apply:
Please download an application pack from below.
Please email your application via the button below.
Oxfordshire Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing date: 31 August 2018 at 8am