Gas Engineer (Installs Team)
Gas Engineer (Installs Team)
Salary: £27,221 rising to £31,577 per annum
Permanent | Full Time
Closing Dates: Monday 13 August 2018
The advert closes on the 13th August, with a view to interview 22nd August.
The Together Housing Group is growing from strength to strength and is looking for an excellent Gas Engineer to join our team working throughout the Calderdale Region in our rented and voided properties. The post holder will be expected to maximise the use of their core skills to complete tasks in a single visit wherever possible. The work will be with the repairs team, so every day is going to be different, with some days having planned repairs, and others being totally reactive to our tenants needs. The post will be based out of our Halifax office, and expectations will be for work throughout all of Calderdale.
Role and Responsibilities
This work will primarily be on the installation team – installing new boilers, and removing and replacing existing boilers. You will still be expected to cover repairs when required, but the bulk of the work will be with the installation team.
The successful post holder can expect their days to consist normally of:
- To complete all types of gas repairs in accordance with job tickets, specifications & contract drawing.
- To complete work with an ethos of “Right First Time”
- To keep Health & Safety at the forefront of your work
- To carry out all work & duties with a high regard to customer care & satisfaction
- To carry out Risk Assessments where appropriate & to adhere to them elsewhere
- All other duties as requested, completed to a high standard
The successful candidate will require:
Due to the nature of the work, you will have to have as a minimum; ACS Accreditations (CCN1, CENWAT1, CKR1, HTR1)
It would also be desirable for applicants to hold:
- City & Guilds craft certificate in Gas Maintenance (or equivalent)
- DAH1, UDHW
- Certification in energy efficient (domestic heating)
Your work experience:
- You will be expected to have experience of installation, fault finding & servicing on domestic gas appliances & central heating systems.
- Experience of working in a customer service & customer facing environment.
- Experience of the ability to maximise the number of jobs that are completed in a single visit.
- Working knowledge & understanding of current Health & Safety legislation and how it impacts the way you carry out repairs.
Due to the nature of the role, a full driving license is required with an assessment completed for the successful candidate.
- In return we can offer you a great set of benefits which includes; 27 days holiday (rising to 32 over 5 years service) + bank holidays.
- A great flexible working environment, with a range of family friendly policies
- Great new comfortable and modern offices
- A huge scope of personal development opportunities
- A very attractive pension scheme & healthcare benefits as well
- For the more active minded we also offer a “cycle to work” scheme
How to Apply
There are two ways to apply for this role.
- Click the apply button and follow the instructions. You will be directed to their career page where you will be required to submit a CV & Covering Letter using the button on the top right.
- OR email a copy of your CV & covering letter to email@example.com