Sector Lead- Energy Advisory Services, Guildford/London/South
We are seeking to recruit a Sector Lead for our Energy Advisory Services group to join our growing Power Generation business. Candidates should be highly ambitious, motivated and driven with experience of leading and growing teams. You should be able to demonstrate excellent client care, as well as a proven and successful approach to business development.
As part of the Thermal Power Plant leadership group, you will lead our ??Energy Advisory Services team responsible for the delivery, performance and growth of the team. You will also provide technical and project leadership to multi-disciplinary teams on a range of projects both within the Energy Advisory Services sector and across the wider business. Projects could include due diligence, development, design and Owners Engineer type roles.
You will be responsible for the safe delivery of projects within the group to meet operational targets and deliver on time and to cost and quality.
A typical week could include:
- Developing and delivering a strategy to grow the Energy Advisory Services team;
- Meeting existing and potential clients to identify and win opportunities and bids;
- Serving as the technical lead for projects ensuring project deliverables meet and exceed client expectations;
- Allocating technical resource to projects;
- Agreeing and developing scope for each project phase with customers and delivery teams;
- Managing projects to quality, time and budget;
- Being a key customer interface for the project including reporting and progress meetings
- Providing input into bids;
- Working with your team as line manager to develop their capabilities and ensure the team is managed effectively.
The position will be based either in our Guildford or London offices and will require travel within the UK and overseas.
As part of your role you will also be the nominated lead for Energy offices in the South of the UK. You will be the single point of contact for the Water, Energy & Industry strategic business unit leadership team and reasonable for the co-ordination of cross-group activities.
We'd love to hear from you if you are:
- Degree Qualified or equivalent qualification in a relevant Science or Engineering Discipline
- Able to demonstrate experience and success in growing a business and team;
- Experienced in managing and developing a team to ensure that projects are delivered successfully;
- Experienced in delivering technically sound and cost-effective solutions within the power plant sector;
- Experience of managing projects and providing technical expertise within the power plant sector;
- You will have acquired experience in the design, construction and operation of power plant of different design, size, configurations and fuel types: ideally including embedded, transmission system connected and renewable power plant " gained from an OEM, EPC or consultancy environment;
- Specific experience in a number of the following fields would be expected: Project Management, Power Plant Operations and Maintenance, Computerised Management Maintenance Systems (all types), Gas Turbines / Steam Turbines / Gas Engine, PF/Biomass Boilers, HRSGs and Pressure Systems Regulations, Distributed Generation Solutions below 50MW involving one or more of Solar, Wind, Battery or Reciprocating Engine, Fuel Systems, Pumps / Fans, Feed Heating Systems, Cooling systems including natural, forced air (hybrid) and air cooled condensers, Site Testing and Commissioning, Condition Monitoring and Diagnostic Techniques
- An excellent communicator; written and verbal.
- Commercially focused.
- Able to influence cross-functional teams.
- Able to work under specified and agreed time constraints.
- Team player and able to work under own initiative.
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals.
We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services.
With 7,000 talented people in 60 offices across the UK and Ireland, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.
- We value our people and our reputation.
- We are locally dedicated with international scale.
- We are future-focused and challenge the status quo.
- We foster collaboration in everything we do.
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable.