Responsible Sourcing and Better Business - Specialist
4 days left
- Full Time
Levin Sources seeks a dynamic, creative and highly organised Responsible Sourcing and Better Business Specialist (RSBBS) as a member of the UK-based team. The RSBBS will ensure high performance in the planning and delivery of client projects, particularly in Responsible Sourcing in/from conflict-affected and high-risk areas particularly in Africa and Asia.
A strong background in due diligence, sustainability, and/or supply chain management is preferred. The role is likely to involve significant international travel.
Examples of projects you may work on:
- Innovating better business models for mining and trading in Africa, in ways that deliver more positive impacts for local communities and nations, including ASM. This includes working with mining companies, mineral exporters, and smelters/refiners/gem manufacturers to pioneer new ways of having impact through private sector activities
- Improving responsible sourcing by the biggest and smallest mineral exporters, refiners, smelters, brands (inc. risk assessments, supply chain due diligence, sustainability, and running a.) the Levin Sources Due Diligence Hub and b.) Levin Sources Better Business Solutions for industry associations.)
- Helping responsible minerals initiatives get more and better products to market, including tackling barriers and optimising opportunities
- Project managing industry associations' application of the Levin Sources Better Business concept and rolling this out to new industry associations across the UK and Europe
- Carrying out situational, impact and political economy assessments, baselines, and evaluations & audits on artisanal and small-scale (ASM) mining organisations, sites, and sectors for a variety of private, public and third sector clients and diverse purposes.
- Working with country and regional governments to build capacity and support the improvement of their policies, strategies, regulations and institutions with a focus on economic performance of their minerals sector, especially jewellery, ASM and the green economy
- Reviewing and revising normative international standards and best practice documents that support responsible mining & sourcing • Supporting programme design, monitoring and evaluation, including measuring and reporting on the impacts of an initiative or responsible minerals scheme
- Managing stakeholder engagement activities on behalf of clients. Responsibilities will vary over time as Levin Sources responds to demand from a dynamic group of clients and other stakeholders.
Responsibilities will vary over time as Levin Sources responds to demand from a diverse range of clients and other stakeholders.
The individual will share our vision and values, thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced environment, and help us drive greater impact for our clients. As a small and dynamic company, this role has promising career progression with increasing responsibilities on programmes and projects, including international travel, management of teams, leading project design and delivery.
Project / Programme Management, and Implementation
- Provide technical expertise on relevant projects, playing a lead or support role as appropriate to the project's needs from sales / project conception, through launch, implementation, closure, impact evaluation.
- Quality control the work of project assistants, project managers, specialists, and associates especially in relation to research and reporting.
- Lead or support the design, implementation, evaluation and reporting for technical work on client projects. This may include but is not limited to desk and field research, assurance, advisory, capacity building, monitoring & evaluation work.
- Lead or support with administration and implementation of client and research projects and carry out project management processes.
- Translation and interpretation support to technical and field teams.
- Report research findings and edit others' deliverables so they are concise, defensible, and in a format suitable for engaging and educating the audience.
- In collaboration with the marketing and communications specialist, assist with finalising outputs (reports, presentations, news reports, and other documents) typically for publication and/or presentation to clients or stakeholders. Craft communications around the release of reports and other pertinent information where requested.
- Work with Division and Business Area Managers to develop relevant new business including identifying project opportunities, planning future work, writing proposals, preparing budgets and designing projects for profitability. This will regularly include taking the lead on specific business development activities.
- Work with the Division and Business Area Managers to increase sales, especially securing work from corporate clients, industry associations, multilateral agencies, governments, NGOs and compliance-focused institutions.
- Build constructive and authentic relationships with clients and collaborators, in line with company strategy.
- Contribute to marketing & communications across the company, working with Business Area Managers and the Marketing and Communications Specialist
- Represent Levin Sources at international, national and sectoral fora and initiatives to advance the company's impact agenda and commercial interests, including public speaking, participation in expert working groups, and suchlike.
Associate / People Management
- Serve as the contact point for Levin Sources associates working on your active projects.
- Nurture relationships with associates to ensure Levin Sources has all the information necessary to deploy them in a timely manner for projects, match them to opportunities, and strengthen our relationship with them.
- Lead project teams with internal and external staff.
- Mentor junior staff and Interns.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Masters or PhD in a field relevant to Levin Sources work (e.g. Economics, International Trade, Law, Engineering, Mining Engineering or Mineral Processing, International Trade and Development, Human Rights, Geography, Anthropology, Political Science, Conservation, Environmental management, Business Studies, Supply Chain Management, etc.)
- Relevant Undergraduate degree with ability to demonstrate an equivalent level of knowledge and 3-5 years' experience working in a professional, results-orientated work environment.
- Including Professional experience in: Responsible sourcing, Supply Chain Management incl. traceability, Auditing, Compliance, Mining & Sustainability/CSR, Refining/smelting, Raw Material supply chains, Diamonds & gemstones, Jewellery, Automotives, Electronics, Green Economy, Luxury, Transportation & logistics, SME Management, Corporate Sustainability, International trade & development, or Management consulting would be an advantage.
- Experience designing & implementing corporate management systems for mitigating risk and maximising sustainability
- Excellent research, analysis and writing skills
- Proven experience in successfully winning and leading projects.
- Fluency in oral and written English.
- Fluency or good professional competency in French preferred
- Additional Languages an advantage esp. Portuguese, Spanish, Arabic, Mandarin, Kiswahili.
- Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Office, CRM, etc.
Desired Technical Experience
- Excellence in customer service
- A detailed understanding of programme/project planning including: coordinating and developing bids, planning budgets, managing teams, monitoring & evaluation.
- Ability to produce high-quality deliverables (reports, procedures, presentations, spreadsheets) within tight timeframes
- Experience working in African (preferred), Latin American, Asian, European, Middle Eastern country contexts, particularly with governments and businesses.
- Experience working in mineral sectors (mining, processing, metallurgy, trading, recycling, logistics) and/or mineral markets (luxury jewellery, fashion, automotive, construction and green economy)
- Experience leading and actively participating in high-level policy, strategy and capacity building workshops and conferences
- Leading the planning and development of research methodologies and conducting desk and field research
- Processing, analysing, and presenting qualitative and quantitative research.
- A demonstrable understanding of research ethics.
- An eye for detail: editorial and quality review of company deliverables
Full Job Description can be found on our website.