Senior Digital Resourcing Partner
Would you describe yourself as natural self-starter who can build and develop relationships quickly?
Are you an individual that can demonstrate a high level of stakeholder management and someone who possess exceptional time management and organisational skills?
If so we'd love to hear from you as we're currently looking for a Senior Digital Resourcing Partner to be a part of a new forward thinking Digital Recruitment team servicing the DfT.
As Senior Digital Resourcing Partner, you will play a pivotal role within the new Digital Recruitment Team and be accountable for the strategic and operational delivery of end-to-end digital recruitment solutions, ensuring the department attracts and acquires the very best industry talent.
Responsibilities and accountabilities
• Establish trusted partnership with the digital profession within DfT to ensure that the service fully meets expectations of the customer.
• Take accountability for all digital campaigns, collaborating to ensure all approvals are in place, the job advert is signed off and benchmarking occurs where necessary.
• Facilitate the effective implementation and delivery of each campaign to agreed deadlines and KPIs.
• Based upon recruitment experience, make informed and balanced decisions regarding recruitment strategies; advise clients of most appropriate recruitment techniques; advise and confirm application processes including sifting and interviews.
• Working with the Sourcing Manager, agree and outline the Sourcing strategy.
• Work in close partnership with the DRG Resourcing Partner, Hiring Manager; Sourcing Manager; Resource Lead, Attraction & Assessment Leads and Campaign Manager to measure the success of the recruitment strategy and to ensure that objectives are met
• Manage and serve as an escalation point for the business and involving the Head of DfT Resourcing Group and the DRG Resourcing Partner or Resource Lead where appropriate.
• Ensure the regular auditing of activities is carried out, to continuously measure the quality and consistency of work delivered.
• Evaluate processes and identify areas for continuous improvement through analysing feedback collected by the team or via Hiring Manager and Candidate feedback surveys.
• Manage commercial contracts with LinkedIn & GRS to ensure quality of service within agreed cost and SLA.
• Execute sourcing activities through appropriate channels for both passive and active candidate communities when needed.
• You will be required to manage the Resourcing Partner and Recruitment Sourcing Manager.
• Regular travel with possible overnight stays will be required meeting Stakeholders in London, Bristol, Nottingham and Southampton.
As the ideal candidate you will have experience of working in a fast and dynamic commercial environment. You will be a hands on service delivery expert, who possess exceptional interpersonal skills and can demonstrate a high level of senior stakeholder management. Experience of 360 recruitment and working in a Digital recruitment / resourcing environment would be highly advantageous, however not essential.
The Department for Transport Resourcing Group (DRG) is a specialist in-house recruitment team. We help managers from across the Department for Transport family recruit the people they need to deliver their key business priorities.
This is an exciting time for us as we're creating a brand new team to actively recruit people with the digital skills needed to continue to develop and build world class digital services.
Each business unit has their own unique needs and priorities. They include the Department for Transport (DfT), Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) and the Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA).
The DfT is using digital to improve the experience of transport and provide assisted digital support for those who need it. DfT also work with local communities to help improve users' digital skills so they can access digital services by themselves.
The DVSA is focusing on providing modern, efficient and sustainable technology to support their mobile workforce and build brilliant digital services. They're working towards transforming into a digitally-enabled organisation that will help the public stay safe on Great Britain's roads.
As well as improving their digital services, the MCA is modernising their IT to a state-of-the-art digital working environment. The MCA will introduce major improvements to the ship registration system, seafarer training and documentation, medical examination system and vessel identification for the benefit of their customers - putting them at the heart of the process and introducing real improvements to service delivery.
Civil Service pension schemes may be available for successful candidates.
Besides the rewarding nature of the job itself, the benefits that come with it are excellent. The package includes generous leave entitlement, attractive pension options, flexible working and other policies to enable a good work/life balance, including beneficial childcare arrangements. You'll also benefit from our commitment to nurturing and developing talent.
Things you need to know
Successful candidates must pass basic security checks .
Candidates will be subject to UK immigration requirements as well as Civil Service nationality rules .
If you're applying for a role requiring security clearance please be aware that foreign or dual nationality is not an automatic bar. However certain posts may have restrictions which could affect those who do not have sole British nationality or who have personal connections with certain countries outside the UK.
Selection process details
1.) Sift Stage:
We want each application to be of high quality and to show your attributes to best effect and to ensure we select the best people to invite to interview who best match our criteria. Therefore in your application please tailor both your CV and Personal Statement to reflect the following:
• The Essential Criteria - (As outlined in the Job Description, see attachments)
Please note: At the Sift stage all candidates will be marked on all the 'Essential Criteria - To be absolutely clear - at the Sift stage we are NOT assessing Competencies.
2.) Interview Stage:
If invited to interview, candidates should be prepared to be tested on any or all competencies outlined in the detailed Job Description - see Attachments. The interview may consist of a range of question types, these could include questions about your strengths or how you would respond in any particular situation as well as specific examples of things you have done.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
Open to UK, Commonwealth and European Economic Area (EEA) and certain non EEA nationals. Further information on whether you are able to apply is available here .
Candidates in their probationary period are eligible to apply for vacancies within this department.
Working for the Civil Service
The Civil Service Code sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission's recruitment principles .
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. There is a guaranteed interview scheme (GIS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.