Electrical Systems Engineer
Electrical Systems Engineer
Permanent opportunity/up to GBP45k per annum plus benefits
Do you have a higher-level qualification in Electrical Systems, Electronics or similar?
Do you have electrical and software systems design or test engineering knowledge/experience within industry?
Can you work permanently in the Southend-on-Sea, Essex, area?
What does the opportunity offer?
- Competitive starting annual salary up to GBP45,000 per annum
- Full time hours (Mon-Fri) with early finish on Friday
- Generous company pension contributions/scheme
- Life Assurance
- 32 days paid holidays per annum
- Permanent role within an established and professional design engineering business, with opportunities to train, develop new skills and progress your career over time
- Free parking onsite
- Staff canteen
An established and successful engineering design and manufacturing business in Southend, Essex, offering a stable permanent full-time role, within a professional engineering team with genuine opportunities to develop your knowledge and career over time.
The role is primarily responsible for system architecture, the behaviour of electrical/electronic sub-systems and their integration into the product range.
The role/responsibilities include:
- Technical guidance during the initial design of a range of products (typically, on matters affecting system electrical architecture, software design and operation, design for EMC, wiring schematics and safety related issues),
- To the support the capture of customer requirements and translate them into into system and software product requirements,
- To prepare test procedures, reports and other appropriate documentation associated with product verification, validation and qualification,
- Participation in verification and qualification test activities, liaising with others as required,
- Support software validation testing for GAINS, to verify that equipment function corresponds to its detailed functional requirements,
- Prepare new electrical drawings and drawing modifications on appropriate programmes,
- To manage system requirements, open issues etc. through appropriate tools,
- To support, as required, meetings with suppliers, customers and airworthiness authorities,
Is this you?
- BEng or BSc graduate in Electrical/Systems/Electronic Engineering or similar discipline/higher level qualification
- Electrical and software systems design or test engineering knowledge/experience, ideally within the aircraft or defence electronics industries
- Experience of leading technical projects and project management
- Any knowledge within sub-system software requirements, testing embedded systems, qualification/certification, design/test for EMC or C / C++ programming would be highly desirable
- Ability to demonstrate a methodical, organized and flexible approach to work
- Highly motivated, responsible and productive team player
- Computer literate in MS Office suite etc
- Living within a reasonable commute to Southend (Essex) or willing to travel/relocate (ideally a driver)
- Able to live and work in the UK without restriction
Please send a CV detailing relevant experience and including full contact details for immediate and confidential consideration.
If you are interested in applying then please do so as soon as possible in order to be considered.
Don't delay...apply today!
We look forward to hearing from you.