Principal Teaching Assistant - Literacy
PRINCIPAL TEACHING ASSISTANT - LITERACY
September 2018 Start
Cheney School is a popular, high-performing school located in the heart of Oxford serving a diverse community of students who are eager to learn and to be challenged. You can read about our recent Ofsted inspection here: Ofsted Visit
We are committed to continuous professional development and have wide-ranging training and development opportunities. We are also mindful of the competing demands people face in their lives and are happy to consider part-time applications. If you are not familiar with Oxfordshire, we would recommend that you take a look at: Living in Oxfordshire - Information for Teachers
We are looking for a skilled and enthusiastic person to play a key role in extending our successful programme of targeted 1:1 and small group literacy provision within a thriving and well resourced Learning Support Department. The main focus is supporting students following their transition from primary school. Experience is desirable, however training is available.
You will need to demonstrate that you:
- have good knowledge and relevant qualifications in supporting young people with literacy difficulties
- have experience in teaching or supporting students with literacy difficulties
- enjoy helping young people to overcome the barriers to learning presented by their literacy difficulties
- are passionate about raising levels of engagement and achievement;
- want to make a positive difference by going the extra mile for the benefit of your students;
- have the desire and enthusiasm to play an active and collaborative role in contributing to a strong culture of sharing best practice, resources and ideas;
- have the interpersonal and leadership skills required to inspire and motivate colleagues and students;
- are keen and able to embed enjoyment and success in learning.
Visits to the school prior to interview are warmly welcomed. To arrange a visit or if you would like more information about the role, please contact Charlotte Broom, Assistant Headteacher, on
The position is for 37 hours per week, term-time plus five additional days. The position is at Grade 6 (Points 18 to 21) which attracts a salary of GBP16,085.98 - GBP17,510.45 per annum (depending on experience).
The position comes with membership of a comprehensive Healthcare Benefits Plan.
How to Apply:
Please download an application pack from below and email via the button below.
The Community Schools Alliance Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment.
Closing date: Friday, 31 August, at 8:00 a.m.