Our philosophy is to understand our customers' business first before we get to the technology. This approach leads to clever software; streamlining old processes, saving money and delivering positive change.
Our technology has helped the NHS screen millions of babies for hearing loss, ensures hundreds of housing providers are managing their homes efficiently and helps officers in over a dozen different police forces to make better decisions at the frontline.
Based in the UK but working around the world, our 2,000 employees help improve the services that matter most.
We are now part of the NEC corporation, a leader in the integration of IT and network technologies that benefit businesses and people worldwide - this brings in new opportunities without limits for growth and innovation.
As a software and hosting supplier to the public sector, NPS is very focused on delivering secure solutions to its clients. We are growing our existing Security function and are looking for a Security Architect to join our established team.
The Security Architect plays an integral role in defining and assessing security strategy, architecture and practices for NPS projects and clients. The security architect will be required to effectively translate business objectives and risk management strategies into specific security processes enabled by security technologies and services.
The Security Architect will work within a team that is responsible for all aspects of the Security Solution for projects hosted on the NPS hosting environments, covering Private and Public Cloud. The role will involve communicating regularly with key stakeholders within NPS, working with accreditors and customers and close working with NPS Principal Security Architects. and the wider NPS business; and external Clients.
Experience delivering architectures to UK Government, Health and Policing as a Security Architect will be of high relevance for this post.
- Proven experience designing Security Architectures within a medium to large enterprise
- Extensive experience with Cloud-hosted software solutions - particularly client-facing digital applications for web and mobile
- Good experience and technical understanding of Public and Private Cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure and VMware
- Familiarity with compliance & security standards across the enterprise IT landscape
- Deep understanding of enterprise risk management methods and techniques to drive successful outcomes in a multi-tenanted environment
- Experience of assessing the risk profile of software solutions, understanding how these have evolved with modern, agile development and deployment practices
- Hands-on experience in designing secure solutions to adhere to Information Security accreditations with a cloud-focus such as ISO 27017/18, CSA Star and ISO27001
- Experience working in UK Public Sector Security domain
- Hold or ability to achieve Security Clearance - in particular Non Police Personnel Vetting Level 3 (NPPV)
- Documented experience and a strong working knowledge of the methodologies to conduct threat-modeling exercises on new applications and services.
- Experience designing the deployment of applications and infrastructure into public cloud services.
- Experience delivering pragmatic security architectures aligned to varying degrees of risk appetite
- Experience at a technical and analytical level of working with a SIEM
- Experience working within a shared environment with multiple tenants and requirements.
- A strong focus on business outcomes
Employees of Northgate Public Services are entitled to the following Company funded benefits:
- Single Private Medical Cover (with the option to select family cover at an additional cost)
- 25 days paid holiday (includes 3 company nominated days) with the option to buy/sell up to 5 days
- 4 x basic salary life assurance cover
- A Group Pension Plan with fantastic employer contributions
- A selection of tax efficient flexible benefits to suit your individual needs
- The role offers a competitive salary.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work and travel within the EU. Documentary evidence will be required.
All offers are subject to satisfactory vetting and reference checks. Depending on the nature of the role a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check may also be required.
Northgate Public Services is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all communities.