Senior Associate - Construction
Eversheds Sutherland is not your average law firm and we're not looking for average people. We do things differently - in the way we treat our people and the service we provide. That's how we've become one of the largest law firms in the world and a great place to work and develop your career.
Recognised by The Lawyer magazine as part of the "Litigation Elite", Eversheds' team of experts acts for major clients throughout the world. Our people regularly deal with large-scale matters involving multiple jurisdictions for multi-nationals through our award winning and groundbreaking approach to project management. We are lawyers who think strategically as well as legally, and provide our team with the resources they need to use their skills to the fullest.
Eversheds' construction and engineering lawyers are acknowledged experts when it comes to large scale projects and disputes avoidance and management. We utilise the experience and commercial expertise of our people to ensure deals are delivered on time and problems resolved in a straightforward and commercial manner. Acting for governments, public bodies, multinational and major national corporations and international contractors, the matters we deal with are often leading edge and highly significant. As part of one of the largest teams of its kind in the world, our people have the support they need to deliver excellence.
We have an opportunity for a Qualified Senior Associate to join the Construction team in Birmingham.
• Working directly with the Partner and Associates in the team, you will receive a varied and exciting workload predominantly focused on non-contentious work. This would include contract drafting, handling adjudications, working in teams on large scale disputes, undertaking document management, witness statements and project management.
• The client base is mainly energy, infrastructure and transport sectors. The projects on which we work are interesting and diverse and include: Oil and Gas projects, water infrastructure schemes, energy from waste schemes; nuclear and engineering projects.
• Working closely with our Real Estate lawyers, the team also provides construction law input on more traditional development projects in the commercial, retail and leisure sectors. Our clients include developers, funders and large corporate occupiers.
• The team also advises on the design and construction aspects of PFI/PPP projects in UK and Europe. This includes dispute work as well as contract drafting and negotiating.
Skills and experience:
• You will have extensive experience of non-contentious construction work and have good commercial acumen.
• You will be a team player with the ability to build rapport with both clients and colleagues.
We are happy to review applications from candidates with 2-8 PQE. A band of PQE as advertised on a role does not preclude applications from those candidates that may have more or less PQE. Our intention is only to indicate a guideline as to how long we would expect a qualified lawyer to have practised so as to have gained the necessary skills for the role as described.
We're a modern, progressive law firm. We think differently and we've built a culture where individual skills and personalities can shine through. At Eversheds Sutherland, we believe that innovation comes from a culture of genuine equality and diversity and we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments individuals may require in the recruitment process, or once in post.