Joiner / Carpenter
Job Title: Joiner / Carpenter
Location: Holkham Hall
Salary: £20,000 - £22,500 per annum dependant on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing date: Friday 24th August 2018
The Estate extends over 25,000 acres and has an annual turnover of £19m. The land and property based enterprise include residential lettings, commercial lettings, property maintenance and development, farming, forestry, country sports, a hotel, a holiday park, beach and car parks. The operations centred on Holkham Hall include day visitors, catering, filing, outdoor events and concerts.
The Estate policy is to manage the location as a progressive commercial operation set within a thriving local community where rural values are upheld. The aim is to ensure the long-term prosperity of the Estate and of those who live and work on it.
They are now looking for a full time experienced bench joiner / carpenter to work as part of their property maintenance team.
Overall Job Purpose.
The Joiner / Carpenter is part of a maintenance team and is responsible to the Carpentry and Joinery Supervisor for the planned maintenance and reactive repair of the Estate's carpentry and joinery work, which includes 275 residential dwellings, 16 tenanted farms with associated outbuildings and the Grade I listed Holkham Hall. A significant proportion of the estate's properties are listed buildings.
The Joiner / Carpenter will support the Property Department ensuring work is delivered within agreed timescales, budget and to the required standard.
The ideal candidate should be able to work to a high standard, with the knowledge and experience to be able to carry out a variety of tasks throughout the joinery process. They will also be required to assist with on site carpentry maintenance repairs.
Planned works and maintenance
- Under the direction of the Carpentry and Joinery Supervisor support and assist the in-house team ensuring work is completed to a high standard and within agreed timescales
- Ensure that Health and Safety Regulations are met and Estate Health & Safety requirements are adhered to
- To ensure that all work is carried in accordance with relevant risk assessments and that any risks are mitigated so work is carried out safely
- To ensure that the Company's policy and directives, codes of practice and regulations are complied with
- To support and assist the Carpentry and Joinery Supervisor in the manufacture and supply of joinery
- To plan, prioritise and execute joinery work as required and within agreed timescales
- To carry out a variety of tasks throughout the joinery process and assist with onsite carpentry maintenance
- To support the Carpentry and Joinery Supervisor to prioritise reactive works and ensure that reactive works are scheduled, resourced and completed within agreed response timescales to meet the requirements of the tenancy agreement so that customer satisfaction improves
- Where required support the Carpentry and Joinery Supervisor to inspect the property to agree carpentry and joinery priorities within the agreed approach to refurbishment
- When required, advise the Carpentry and Joinery Supervisor on carpentry defects on void properties
- Where required support the cottage refurbishment and other Estate wide development projects
Skills, Knowledge and experience:
- An organised planner with the ability to multi-task
- Hands-on proven staff member with ability to execute timely and quality work
- Good communicator
- Ability to work from verbal and written instructions
- A positive attitude and an ability to work calmly under pressure
- Ability to work as a team member so that goals are met
- Articulate with written recording.
- Experienced in all aspects of bench joinery
- Competent in using woodworking machinery
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Covering Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of: Multi Trade, Carpenter, Maintenance Operative, Trades, Woodcutter Joiner, Joinery Foreman, Finishing Joiner, Carpentry, Woodwork, Joinery Lead, Bench Joiner, Carpentry Trades, Carpenter, Woodwork, Multi-Trade and Joiner Tradesperson may also be considered for this role.