General Maintenance Operative / Property Maintenance Supervisor
Job Title: General Maintenance Operative
Location: Holkham Hall
Salary: £19,000 - £21,000 per annum dependant on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing date: Friday 24th August 2018
The Estate extends over 25,000 acres and has an annual turnover of £19m. The land and property based enterprise include residential lettings, commercial lettings, property maintenance and development, farming, forestry, country sports, a hotel, a holiday park, beach and car parks. The operations centred on Holkham Hall include day visitors, catering, filing, outdoor events and concerts.
The Estate policy is to manage the location as a progressive commercial operation set within a thriving local community where rural values are upheld. The aim is to ensure the long-term prosperity of the Estate and of those who live and work on it.
They are now looking for a full time general maintenance operative to work as part of their property maintenance team.
Overall Job Purpose.
The General Maintenance Operative is part of a Maintenance Team and is responsible to the Estate Building Manager for the planned maintenance and reactive repair of the Estate's properties, which includes 275 residential dwellings, 16 tenanted farms with associated outbuildings and the Grade I listed Holkham Hall. A significant proportion of the estate's properties are listed buildings.
The General Maintenance Operative will support the Property Department ensuring work is delivered within agreed timescales, budget and to the required standard.
The ideal candidate should have a knowledge of general building works and construction methods. They will be part of our Building Team dealing with brickwork, roof, groundwork and general maintenance tasks, including assisting with reactive property repairs and drain blockages.
Planned works and maintenance
- Under the direction of the General Builder and the Estate Building Manager, support and assist the in-house team ensuring work is completed to a high standard and within agreed timescales
- Ensure that Health and Safety Regulations are met and Estate Health & Safety requirements are adhered to
- To ensure that all work is carried in accordance with relevant risk assessments and that risks are mitigated so work is carried out safely
- To ensure that the Company's policy and directives, codes of practice and regulations are complied with
- To support and assist the Building Team in the repair and maintenance of the Estate properties
- To plan, prioritise and execute building work as required and within agreed timescales
- To dealing with brickwork, roof, groundwork and general maintenance repairs, including assisting with reactive property repairs and drain blockages
- To support the Building Team and Building Manager to prioritise reactive works and ensure that reactive works are scheduled, resourced and completed within agreed response timescales to meet the requirements of the tenancy agreement to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Where required support the Building Team and Building Manager to inspect the property to agree specified works within the agreed approach to refurbishment
- When required, advise the Building Manager on property defects on void properties
- Where required support the Building Team and Building Manager with cottage refurbishment and other Estate wide development projects
Skills, Knowledge and experience:
- An organised planner with the ability to multi-task
- Hands-on proven staff member with ability to execute timely and quality work
- A knowledge of Listed buildings and conservation techniques
- Good communicator
- Ability to work from verbal and written instructions
- A positive attitude and an ability to work calmly under pressure
- Ability to work as a team member so that goals are met
- Articulate with written recording
- Knowledge of Building / Construction methods
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Covering Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of: Property Maintenance Supervisor, Property Maintenance Team Leader, Maintenance Manager, Handyman, Plumber, Painter, Electrical Maintenance, Builder, General Builder, Installations, Pipe Repairs, Property Maintenance, Grounds Maintenance, Site Maintenance may also be considered for this role.