Laser Operator / Machine Operator - Laser Cutting
Job Title: Laser Operator
Location: Rotherham, Yorkshire
Salary: £11 - £15 per hour including shift allowances
Job Type: Permanent, Full time
Hours: 37 Hours per week - 3 Shift rotations of 6am-2pm, 2pm-10pm, 10am-6pm
Established for over 35 years and now one of the North West's leading & multi award winning Engineering companies, the Company is looking to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic Laser Operator, to join their team in Rotherham.
This is the perfect opportunity for a motivated and dynamic person to thrive, working within a successful and vibrant team.
- Ensuring material is checked for size, thickness and grade, prior to cutting and to inform the Team Leader of any quality concerns regarding the material.
- Ensure 'One offs' are completed at all times.
- Responsible for quality of components that have been cut on the machine and standard of fettling if required.
- Ensure customer orders are produced 'On Time and In Full time to required quality standard.
- Marking up of cut parts, cleaning and fettling parts.
- Assisting colleagues on shift, e. trainees, apprentices etc.
- Ensure all Safety / Rules / Standards are adhered to, ensuring correct Personal Protective Equipment is worn at all times.
- All control cards and nestings are filled in correctly, taking note of any special instructions.
- All machine and personal safety procedures to be followed at all times
- Pass on all relevant information to the next shift, who are about to start work
- Ensure the parts are routed correctly to the next part of the process in a timely manner
- To adhere to all health and safety
- Any other ad hoc duties
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Relevant machine experience
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation and additional MTL requirements
- Understanding of Company quality procedures and specific customer requirements
- Ability to work effectively and use own initiative
- Slinging and lifting crane experience
- 25 days holiday per year
- Company Pension Scheme
- Death in Service Award
- Free secure parking
- Health care scheme
Please note that due to the nature of the role, no sponsorship or relocation packages will be available for this position so all candidates must be eligible to both live and work in the UK to be considered.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Covering Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Laser Operation, Laser Cutter Technician, Metal Fabricator, Laser Cutting, Laser Cutting Engineer, Laser Machine Operator, Laser Cutter, Machine Operator will also be considered for the role.