The Society is seeking to appoint a full time individual to work in the Mortgage Department at our Swansea Head Office.
The successful candidate will be required to work Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm and occasional Saturday mornings, 9am to 12pm, on a rota basis.
Required Experience and Skills
- Previous experience in mortgage processing in a building society/bank
- Qualified to Level 3 Mortgage Advice and Practice e.g. CeMap
- Knowledge of mortgage products and legislation
Key Areas of Responsibility
- General office admin duties
- Processing mortgage applications
- Dealing with telephone enquiries
- Assessing lending criteria and preparing offers
- Liaising with applicants, borrowers and brokers
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of Swansea Building Society, which has an excellent reputation in the local community.
About Swansea Building Society
Swansea Building Society was established in 1923 as an independent mutual organisation owned by its members. It operates from branches in Carmarthen, Cowbridge, and Mumbles with a head office in Swansea. Today it is one of just three remaining Building Societies in Wales.
The Board consists of a Chairman and five further Non-Executive Directors. It has total assets of £275m and has gone through a period of sustained, controlled growth over the last 10 years. Its principal activity is the provision of housing finance funded mainly by members’ savings.
Swansea Building Society is an equal opportunity provider.
Candidates who are successful in reaching the next stage of the recruitment process will be contacted within 10 working days of the closing date.