Peripatetic Sensory Support Teacher (Teacher of the Deaf)
4 days left
- Part Time
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity for career development in a highly supportive and visionary team of professionals?
We seek an outstanding, enthusiastic and self-motivated Teacher of the Deaf who thrives on hard work and challenge to work across the East Riding. The Service supports pupils from birth to 25 years.
We can offer:
- the opportunity to take a leading role in raising outcomes to ensure that deaf pupils in the East Riding achieve their potential
- a challenging and varied role working with children, parents, schools and other agencies
- the opportunity to develop specialist skills
- highly skilled and supportive colleagues within a well-established specialist team.
You will have:
- the mandatory qualification to teach deaf children or be prepared to achieve this within two academic years of appointment
- excellent teaching skills and be a thoughtful and reflective practitioner
- experience of working with a wide range of children and young people with SEND within a mainstream or specialist environment
- the ability to manage a busy caseload and prioritise accordingly
- an understanding of and commitment to inclusive education
- good communication and a high level of interpersonal skills
- a commitment to providing families with balanced, unbiased advice to enable them to make an informed choice for their deaf child
- a willingness to be highly flexible in your thinking and approach to secure the best outcomes for pupils on your caseload.
SaPTS is based within the new Children’s Specialist Service’s Hub in Anlaby. From this innovative base we provide support and advice to families and professionals of deaf children and young people aged 0-25 across the East Riding of Yorkshire. The service has high expectations and is ambitious to continually improve therefore you should thrive on hard work and change.
Training as a Teacher of the Deaf will be provided for an individual who does not have the mandatory qualification. The qualification is a Masters level course therefore you will need to be able to study at this level and make a significant personal commitment.
Section 77–84 of the Immigration Act 2016 requires that the council ensures that all customer facing staff are able to speak an appropriate standard of English; therefore applicants for customer facing posts will be assessed on this basis as part of the interview process.
Hours: 3 days per week, to be negotiated as part of a part-time, permanent contract.
East Riding of Yorkshire Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. This council is pursuing equality of opportunity in employment.
For an informal discussion please contact Lesley Gallagher, Manager of SaPTs, tel (01482) 394000 or Ellie Gray, SEND Strategic Manager, tel (01482) 396808.
Application pack available at https://bit.ly/2JWR89k
Advert No: CYSP000072
Closing Date: 21 September 2018
Interview Date: 8 October 2018