Product Manager / Product Development Manager
Job Title: Product Manager
Salary: £36,000 - £45,000 dependant on experience + Car Allowance + Benefits
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Purpose of the role:
- Develop & deliver product strategy to drive target revenues for products under management. Work with Business MD's and ExCo business unit/territory owner to gain approval for product plans and drive action to ensure delivery
- Drive growth in existing product profitability - Deliver increased revenue through product, price & process optimisation.
- Manage the E2E product lifecycle process for the assigned products and adapt plans dependent on product life stage.
- Continually review P&L, Sales performance and client experience for owned products and adapt activities accordingly to mitigate financial risk and/or drive incremental revenues
- Drive new product development for sectors/products/territories under ownership. Track and manage performance in the BAU environment, mobilising the entire Marketing Function and business to ensure product success and delivery of target revenue
- Work with the Insight team and manage appropriate product ranges in line with company strategy
- Compile and evaluate research on the product requirements
- Develop and maintain competitive product propositions and features, advantages and benefits (FABs)
- Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Manage the production and execution of the product to drive delivery of target revenues and optimise revenue growth
- Conduct in-depth reviews of the products under ownership covering seven 'P's and macro and micro market conditions at each stage of the customer journey
- Develop recommendations for clients and revenue streams for the Company
- To ensure the growth of the products under management is maintained to maximise market share and contribute to deal, revenue and profit targets.
- Deliver income optimisation activities (Pricing optimisation, Campaigns etc.)
- Identify risk analysis or when product proposition requires review
- Understand customer needs and product plans-work in collaboration with Market Insight team.
- Drive development of new product capability to drive their proposition and generate new revenue opportunities for the business.
- Work with the Sales teams and Operations, visiting to gain feedback, to understand local requirements to deliver or enhance the product sales strategy.
- Produce and analyse product performance and effectively communicate with key stakeholders
- Any duties or projects commensurate with the level of responsibility of this role, for which the role holder has the necessary experience and / or training.
Knowledge and experience:
Essential for the role:
- Experience -
- Knowledge and management experience of the E2E Product management approach, methodologies and process in a financial services environment
- Track record of delivering revenue growth of products under management
- Track record in Product Management bringing new products to market with evidence of commercial success
- 3 years plus experience at management levels in a Financial Services business
- Experience managing and mobilising senior stakeholders (board level) and functional SME's
- Skills - commercial, project management, strategy development /planning, execution, running workshops, presentation, influencing (at Board level), organisation, excellent communication written and verbal, strong interpersonal skills, team player
- Qualifications - Graduate or equivalent work experience
Desirable for the role:
- Experience - Product Management, Finance, Marketing, Sales
- Qualifications - ABFA qualification, CIM diploma or equivalent, 6 Sigma, MSP, Prince 2, CSPO
The Company is the UK's largest independent invoice finance specialist and a trusted provider of funding solutions to over 7,000 businesses. Through their network of 19 local offices, they handle annual client turnover of £5 billion since 2010, they have advanced more than £26bn to small and medium sized businesses throughout the country.
Formed in 1982, they are a member of the Asset Based Finance Association (ABFA) and support businesses in over 300 industry sectors. Globally, the company has operations in 44 locations, in 14 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia, supporting more than 9,500 business customers worldwide.
In 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 the company was awarded a place in The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For, ranking 48th in the most recent poll. They are supported by their parent company, a 208-year old business-to-business services group involved in logistics, shipping and ship management, floating accommodation, hydrographic survey and geophysical services, offshore project management, retail and construction equipment hire.
Please click on the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the Company's careers page.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: Product Manager, Roadmap, Develop, Project Management, Propositions, Product Lifecycle, Product Development Manager, Product Development Coordinator, Senior Product Manager, Product Coordinator, Commercial Project Manager, Project Planner, Senior Marketing Product Manager, Product Market Strategist may also be considered for this role.
Apply for Product Manager / Product Development Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly