Receptionist / Secretary / PA / Office Administrator
Job Title: Receptionist
Location: Motherwell, Scotland
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing date: 10th August 2018
The Company is the UK's leading waste-to-energy biodiesel producer with operations in Scotland and North West England and has always been privately owned. Their main plant, near Motherwell in Scotland, started production in 2005. Following significant investment to facilitate growth and development, a number of facilities are being built in the Stanlow area. The Company specialises in the production and supply of high grade, sustainable diesel made from waste fats and oils deliberately excluding any raw materials that could also be used for food or feed.
They are currently looking to recruit for a Receptionist to be the first point of contact for any visitor or caller to the Motherwell site. You'll be required to maintain a professional reception area that projects a business -like approach and provides a high level of pro- active customer service.
- Looking after visitors by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing them appropriately.
- Maintaining visitor register
- Arranging all travel/hotel accommodation as required
- Answering, screening and forwarding phone calls whilst providing basic information or taking appropriate messages in a timely and polite manner
- Receiving and sorting daily mail/deliveries /couriers
- Responding to and forwarding on as appropriate any e-mail messages received by the info email address
- Creating and implementing a diary management system for Directors and senior managers
- Maintaining and monitoring a booking system for meeting rooms
- Supporting the Document Management process for all paperwork.
- Ensuring back up for reception when absent from the front desk
- Prepare outgoing mail for pick up
- Responsible for monitoring and placing requests for office stationery and placing new stocks in the appropriate cupboards
- Coordinating meetings and arranging catering where required
- Performing any other administrative tasks as deemed appropriate
- Supporting the Purchasing department by updating the required systems and stock/spares spreadsheets
- Keeping reception area clean and neat.
Health and Safety:
- Ensure a thorough knowledge of your Health & Safety responsibilities.
- Always wear Personal Protective Equipment as required. Take responsibility for your own PPE ensuring appropriate storage and care.
- Always strive to work in a manner safe to yourself and others and report any hazards immediately.
- Take responsibility for the Health and Safety of yourself and others whilst at work and to comply with the Company's policies and legislation.
- Support Company Initiatives and demonstrate Company Values.
- To comply with all legal, regulatory and statutory obligations applicable to the role.
- Participate in training and personal development activities as required
- Be flexible in undertaking the duties and responsibilities attached to your role; Carry out any other reasonable tasks as required by the Company.
Qualifications/ Knowledge & Experience
- SVQ in administration or customer service
- Good knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent keyboard skills
Specific Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- Previous experience of working in a busy office environment
- Ability to create a professional and welcoming first impression
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High level of organisational skills
- Good attention to detail
- Reliable and punctual
- Capable of being flexible and decisive
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service
- Professional personal presentation
This job description is a summary of the main duties of the role but is not exhaustive. It may be reviewed and updated regularly in discussion with the post holder.
Please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the careers page.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Receptionist, Office Administrator, Administration, Administration Clerk, Business Administrator, Company Receptionist, Admin Assistant, Administration Assistant, Office Administrator, Office Assistant, Reception, General Administration, Business Administrator, Receptionist, Admin Support, Secretary, Clerk, Support Administrator, Office Support, Business Support, Operations Assistant may also be considered for this role.