ROLE: MULTI-SKILLED BUILDER
LOCATION: SLOUGH & THE WIDER SOUTHERN REGION
SALARY: UP TO £34,000 PER ANNUM (DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS)
Our client’s Group is a multi-faceted collection of like-minded businesses whose primary aim is to remove the speculation associated with development. A natural extension to the Groups’ service offering is the total facilities management solution provided by their Facilities Services division, enabling a seamless range of additional services post construction and for the life of the operational asset.
Due to the continued success and substantial growth within the group, they currently have an opportunity for a Multi Skilled Builder to join them on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will be required to cover Slough and the wider southern region, working with clients such as Five Guys, Welcome Break and Wahaca to name but a few. Their Maintenance Engineers develop fantastic relationships with their customers to take ownership of their allocated sites and deliver a crucial service to ensure proactive and reactive works are completed within timescales.
- Undertaking proactive and reactive tasks, predominantly covering building tasks, but also including general fabric maintenance, installation, decorating, plumbing, painting, joinery, plastering and dry lining.
- Measuring works preparation of quotations, providing an assessment of labour, plant & materials.
- Responsible for completion of all works allocated to be completed as part of Quoted / Reactive requirements.
- Ensuring correct materials and tools are used for designated jobs.
- Managing and updating progression, in real time and with use of tablet-based system.
- Ensuring that Risk Assessments are prepared for all tasks, to ensure safe working practices.
- Minimising use of specialist subcontractors to carry out engineering tasks unless specifically outside of engineer’s skill sets.
- Reviewing helpdesk reports on a daily basis.
- Liaising daily with the Facilities Services Manager.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Relevant NVQ or C&G certification is required for this role.
- Possession of a full UK driving licence – Essential.
- Previous experience within a similar multi-skilled environment would be beneficial.
- CSCS card would be beneficial, though not essential.
- Health and safety conscious at all times.
- Proactive and flexible approach towards tasks, using a variety of trade skills.
- Excellent communication skills and previous experience in client facing roles.
- Basic competence with MS Word, Excel and web-based CAFM systems.
- Must be flexible and willing to work weekends, as and when required.
- 4% Employer pension contribution
- Paid overtime
- Company van
- 25 days holiday + Statutory
- Holiday 'buy back' scheme
- Healthcare Scheme
- VIP Discount Scheme
- Training & Personal Development
- Career progression
If you have the relevant experience required and are interested in this superb opportunity, please apply ASAP.