Multi-Skilled Engineer - Electrical bias
ROLE: MULTI-SKILLED ENGINEER - ELECTRICAL BIAS
LOCATION: STOKE ON TRENT AND THE WIDER CENTRAL REGION
SALARY: UP TO £32,000 PER ANNUM (DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS)
Our client’s Group is a multi-faceted collection of like-minded businesses whose primary aim is to remove the speculation associated with development. A natural extension to the Groups’ service offering is the total facilities management solution provided by their Facilities Services division, enabling a seamless range of additional services post construction and for the life of the operational asset.
Due to the continued success and substantial growth within the group, they currently have an opportunity for a Multi Skilled Mobile Maintenance Engineer with an electrical bias, to join them on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will be required to cover Stoke-on-Trent and the wider central region, working with clients such as Five Guys, Welcome Break and Wahaca to name but a few. Their Maintenance Engineers develop fantastic relationships with their customers to take ownership of their allocated sites and deliver a crucial service to ensure proactive and reactive works are completed within timescales.
- Predominantly undertaking proactive and reactive electrical maintenance tasks and covering additional tasks for general fabric maintenance, installation, decorating, plumbing, painting, joinery, re-lamping and electric work.
- Measuring works preparation of quotations, providing an assessment of labour, plant & materials.
- Responsible for completion of all works allocated to be completed as part of Quoted / Reactive requirements.
- Ensuring correct materials and tools are used for designated jobs.
- Managing and updating progression, in real time and with use of tablet-based system.
- Ensuring that Risk Assessments are prepared for all tasks, to ensure safe working practices.
- Minimising use of specialist subcontractors to carry out engineering tasks unless specifically outside of engineer’s skill sets.
- Reviewing helpdesk reports on a daily basis.
- Liaising daily with the Facilities Services Manager.
Qualifications and experience required:
- C&G 2394/2395 or equivalent certificate – Essential.
- Recognised Electrical Installation qualification- C&G 2382, 17th edition.
- Possession of a full UK driving licence – Essential.
- Previous experience within a similar multi-skilled environment would be beneficial.
- Health and safety conscious at all times.
- Proactive and flexible approach towards tasks, using a variety of trade skills.
- Excellent communication skills and previous experience in client facing roles.
- Basic competence with MS Word, Excel and web-based CAFM systems.
- Must be flexible and willing to work weekends, as and when required.
- 4% Employer pension contribution
- Paid overtime
- Company van
- 25 days holiday + Statutory
- Holiday 'buy back' scheme
- Healthcare Scheme
- VIP Discount Scheme
- Training & Personal Development
- Career progression
If you have the relevant experience required and are interested in this superb opportunity, please apply ASAP.