Junior Personal Assistant (3 Month Temp to Perm - Canary Wharf)
Our client a world renowned global news and media organisation headquartered in London is looking for a confident Secretarial candidate to coordinate team activities and facilitate the day to day admin and support activities for both senior management and the wider UK team, with an end goal to drive interaction and enable sales activity and overall team engagement and to gain guidance and training to become an experienced Executive Assistant.
They are the world's largest international multimedia news provider, employing more than 2,700 journalists in nearly 200 bureaus around the world and delivering news in more than 20 different languages. Known around the globe for their speed, accuracy and fairness, they also provides insight, depth and understanding to more than a billion readers and viewers a day.
Role: Executive Assistant/Personal Assistant
Duration/Role Type: 3 months temp to permanent
Location: Canary Wharf
Pay: Equivalent to £30 - 38K
Start date: ASAP - ideally in the next few weeks
JOB SPECIFICATIONS - ESSENTIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Approachable, trustworthy, positive, confident, fun and personable - ability to get up and go and talk to / liaise with anyone in the media team - a real people person.
- A proactive planner and thinker, well organised, accountable and methodical, able to identify inefficiencies/duplication.
- Confident ability to work with strong personalities.
- Accurate, attention to detail is key, efficient and reliable.
- High level of personal integrity and able to handle confidential information with the utmost discretion.
- Creative problem solving skills, ability to follow-through, complete analysis, prepare well in advance as well as the ability to think ahead.
- A strong communicator (both written and oral), a good listener and a professional telephone manner.
- A team player with a proven ability to prioritise workload and deadlines. Also the ability to work autonomously.
- Be adaptable/flexible to an ever-changing work environment.
- Shows resilience, resourcefulness and tenacity in the face of setbacks.
- Comfortable working across different time zones and has 'global' outlook.
- Ability to hit the ground running.
- Flexible with regards to hours worked and a can do attitude.
- High standard of work presentation.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Some project management experience preferred.
- Experience of Outlook 2010 - Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Scheduling / Planning
- Provide extensive calendar management including organising regional / global video conferences, tele-presence and WebEx meetings, across various time zones, to assist with prioritisation and enable sales activity and engagement.
- Work with management to ensure all meetings are prioritised correctly, arranged and prepared for. Publish agendas, attend meetings and take notes/record action items to distribute to participants.
- Extensive, proactive coordination of global travel for various team members including, schedules, visas and accommodation.
- Proactive forward planning of diaries to ensure travel plans and meetings are scheduled and updated and that any conflicts are resolved in a timely manner.
- Plan and coordinate large off-site/on-site meetings/events and handle logistical arrangements of conference rooms, meal arrangements, and guest accommodations and ensure this is clearly communicated to relevant parties.
- Manage and organize a social calendar for the media team and organize team events and meetings in coordination with the management team, from planning to execution, to follow up and improvement.
- Arrange client lunches, dinners and events.
- Ensure that all client wins and new deals are promoted within the media team.
General Administration / Wider Team Assistance
- Manage the on-boarding of all new employees, including their desk space, IT, starter pack and introductory meetings.
- Prioritise and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner. Provide administrative services and coordination for departmental projects.
- Analyse, collect and compile data for specific teams including some financial reporting support and understanding. Format the presentation of letters, reports, PowerPoint presentations etc - exceptional proofreading skills and the demonstrated ability to consistently produce error-free work products.
- Process web expenses, for agreed management, using online expense system.
- Generate purchase orders and maintain an inventory for all new hires and specific team members.
- Implement effective and efficient filing systems and procedures for the wider team including archiving and equipment inventory.
- Meeting and greeting visitors on Managers behalf in a professional manner.
- Maintain group emails and distribution lists (there are several).
- Items packaged and sent globally.
- Organising desk space for visitors.
Other ad hoc duties as required.