Personal Care Assistants
Personal Care Assistants
We are currently looking to recruit compassionate, dedicated and conscientious individuals who are looking to make a difference to our complex care clients in this varied and rewarding role in Bristol. Full training will be provided.
Hours: 18 hours - 24 hours
Pay rate: £9.00- £10.50 per hour
Shifts: 07.00-16.00; 16.00-22.00; 22.00- 08.00
Location: Bristol (BS3)
Requirements: Drivers licence preferred - You must be flexible to work days, nights and weekends on a rota basis
As a Personal Care Assistant, you will provide and maintain a high standard of care to highly dependent clients with varied and complex care needs, allowing them to live independent and fulfilling lives within their own homes.
To work either as part of a team or independently, ensuring that at all times your client receives an effective and efficient service that meets their chosen lifestyle, within a safe environment. We will provide you with client specific training to ensure that your client receives the best level of care possible.
- Bowel and bladder management, which can include catheter care, bladder washouts, management of sheath drainage systems, use of suppositories and manual evacuation of bowels.
- Monitoring of skin (at least once a day) to ensure the prevention of pressure sores and other skin problems
- Ensuring that the client has frequent and regular relief of vulnerable pressure areas, including turning at night to prevent development of pressure sores
- Moving and handling of client using specialised equipment in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions and training provided.
- Assistance with clients ventilator and other breathing support equipment, such as CPAP (Continuous Pressure Airway Programme) as necessary
- Assist client with coughing as necessary
- Assistance with basic physiotherapy. i.e. passive movements of client limbs to ensure that joints do not seize up and that limbs do not develop contractures
- To assist Senior Personal Care Assistants with tracheotomy changes, suction, peg feeds and Ambubag as required
- Personal care of client to include, dressing, washing, bathing, grooming and other general hygiene
- Administration and record keeping of medication when required under supervision of client or family member
- Assistance with light domestic duties, including preparation of food, washing, ironing, shopping and light cleaning
- Assistance with feeding client if necessary
- Accompanying client on trips away from their home, such as business trips, holidays, shopping, social and leisure activities
- Assistance with checking and basic maintenance of disability equipment, such as wheelchairs, cushions, etc.
In return for your hard work and dedication you will receive
- 4 day Paid Induction course
- Holiday Pay
- 24hr Advice Line
- Access to a Pension Scheme and Childcare vouchers
- Full Enhanced DBS paid for by the company
- Refer a Friend Scheme Bonus This post is subject to a satisfactory full enhanced disclosure, the cost of which will be covered by the company.
If you would like to make a difference in someone’s life and be rewarded for your skills then please apply with your CV.