Due to continued growth, a food manufacturing organisation are looking to increase their engineering team at Workington and are seeking an experienced Multi-Skilled Engineer with Electrical bias.
Along with reactive and planned maintenance to the plant, the shift engineer would be responsible for:
- The development and implementation of line improvements/installations
- Maintaining equipment / conveyors / etc.
- You would also be required to work closely with the Team leaders and Management to ensure targets are met on safety, output, quality, efficiency, energy and waste;
- Communicating any production and engineering issues back to the Engineering Manager
- Forming part of a talented and friendly team
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- To provide a hands-on role resolving immediate problems to ensure continuity of product and limitation of waste or damaged product.
- Proactively identify and solve problems on the plant to increase reliability and efficiency
- Keep up to date with Best Practice and Continuous Improvement initiatives
- To document all breakdowns and repairs
- To utilise the planned Preventative maintenance system to ensure all plant is maintained regularly.
- To aid in project work when requested
- To assist with technical investigations into all breakdowns, establishing Root Cause and any remedial actions.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and internal requirements and standards, including Health and Safety
- To work safely at all times, using correct PPE as required in risk assessments for each particular task.
- To communicate effectively with all departments and Managers on a variety of matters, especially regarding realistic recovery times/progress after major breakdowns.
Key Skills / Experience:
- Experience of working with high-volume production machinery an advantage
- Experience of working in the Food Manufacturing Sector or other FMCC an advantage
- General computer literacy required – suitable training given on specific software
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience to cover both mechanical and electrical works, to a high and safe standard
- Ability to be part of a team, but also self-motivated when working alone
In return you will be offered an attractive salary package dependent on experience and qualifications.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy please send your CV to the email address on this job board.