Head of Communities - Maternity Cover
An opportunity has arisen with ourselves to recruit a regional Head of Communities on a maternity cover basis (Initially 6 months) In this role the successful candidate will oversee the development and management of community and direct content initiatives across all platforms; devise and develop opportunities for audience participation and encourage all regional centres to maximise brand-audience transactions around content and involvement.
This role will see the successful candidate travel around the UK to take on the duties of this position.
So who are Reach?
Reach Plc (Formerly Trinity Mirror) has an award-winning portfolio of newspapers, websites and digital products and is one of the UK's largest multimedia companies employing more than six thousand people across more than sixty locations around the country. We are the business behind publications such as Daily Mirror, Sunday Mirror, Liverpool Echo, WalesOnline, Bristol Live and the Manchester Evening News.
- Reporting to the Regional Head of Audience Engagement, work as part of the Central digital team across our regional titles in the UK.
- Be responsible for ensuring our titles maximise opportunities for engaging with readers through the development of community content. This will take the form of providing advice, demonstrating innovative thinking and creative ideas, and crafting best practice guidelines with regards to sourcing to curation, presentation and marketing of packages, across all platforms.
- Work with communities teams and/or individuals responsible for community content, together with - as required - other teams and colleagues within newsrooms.
- Creating, delivering and maintaining an on-going training programme for Trinity Mirror regional newsrooms, assisting in training and up-skilling of direct content teams or individuals as necessary, to ensure they have the best, most contemporary knowledge and abilities to perform their tasks.
- The role involves championing conversations with our audience, both online and offline and in particular on social media, in particular Facebook pages, Facebook groups,Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and on our onsite commenting platform. The role will include building and implementing best practice arounds using social to source content from platforms like Instagram, Reddit and others.
- Implement a robust and consistent reporting of data relating to community content use and how it impacts on per-title audience growth, through in-site
The Ideal Candidate
Ideally you will already be working in an audience engagement or social media manager role, you will be someone with experience of using, interacting with and/or running online communities, from Facebook groups to Reddit.
You can converse easily and fluently online, and are comfortable initiating approaches with other users.
You must be organised, detail-focused and able to hit deadlines, while also able to adapt a plan and innovate at short notice.
You will be required to share your knowledge with newsrooms and teams, so experience of training others and presenting would be an advantage.
In addition to competitive salaries, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc offers a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.