Grounds Maintenance Operative/ Land Maintenance Operative
Job Title: Grounds Maintenance Operative
Salary: £18,180 - £20,200 pa depending on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
To work within a small team responsible for delivering an efficient and customer-focussed Grounds Maintenance Service, aimed at ensuring The Company's estates are well-kept and desirable places to live.
- To carry out hedge cutting services and be competent in the use of long and short arm hedge trimmers and access equipment.
- To perform grass cutting duties using strimmers, hand and ride on lawn mowers.
- To undertake shrub and herbaceous border maintenance.
- To carry out landscaping and other improvement works such as ground preparation, turfing, seeding, shrub and tree planting.
- To carry out a weed control programme by use of contact herbicides, manual removal or strimming.
- To keep all sites clean and tidy through the collection and removal of green waste and its responsible disposal.
- To ensure that service delivery complies with current regulations, accepted professional standards, B3Living's policies and procedures and appropriate legislation and that duties are performed in a courteous and respectful manner.
- To correctly operate machinery and equipment and take responsibility for your own tools.
- To maintain records of work completed, especially in areas such as weed control and use of contact herbicides.
- To report all accidents or incidents to your line manager and take reasonable steps to protect your own health, safety and well-being and that of your colleagues and members of the public, including adhering to risk assessments and health and safety guidance and the use of protective equipment and clothing.
- To undertake training and development that is required to perform the duties of the role.
- Relevant weed control certificate
- Chain saw use license
- Working in a grounds maintenance role
- Use of hedge cutting, strimming, grass cutting, weed spraying and grounds equipment
Skills, Knowledge and Behaviour:
- Excellent customer care skills
- Good verbal communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and think creatively
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to organise and prioritise own work
- Ability to follow procedures and safe working practices
- Willingness to work flexibly during business hours
- Understanding of and commitment to equality and diversity
- Awareness of health and safety issues
- Ability to use a smart phone
- Driving license
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Property Maintenance Supervisor, Property Maintenance Team Leader, Maintenance Manager, Handyman, Plumber, Painter, Electrical Maintenance, Builder, General Builder, Installations, Pipe Repairs, Property Maintenance, Grounds Maintenance, Site Maintenance may also be considered for this role.