Due to success and expansion my client requires a materials controller to set up and take ownership of their materials control function. An exciting role that allows you to build an empire within a very successful growing company based in Shardlow
The role requires:
- Setting up a robust, fit for purpose stock control system and take ownership of the function
- Take ownership and manage all stock including all raw materials and fittings reporting any problems
- A counterbalance fork truck licence as you will be unloading materials.
- Regular inspection to ensure the fork truck
- Goods inwards ensuring all goods are
- Quality controls making sure all delivered items are the correct material, size etc.
- Raise Non-Compliance Reports for any discrepancies
- Where necessary delivered components to be arranged into KIT form before storage
- Stock items in the correct locations
- Prepare any raw materials - using guillotine and saws for basic cutting
- Ensure your area is maintained to a high standard ensure it is clean and tidy
- Be a reserve van driver when necessary
- Be prepare to help or offer help on quite periods
You will need to be forward thinking, enjoy stock control and take ownership of the function. You will be able to set up the function and procedures in liaison with your manager. Attention to detail is key. All items need to be check to ensure they are exactly what have been ordered. Some deliveries, containing separate component, will need to be put into KIT form ready for assembly when required. You should not be afraid to get stuck in.
A Counter Balance Fork Truck licence is essential as is a good understanding of materials control in a manufacturing environment.
The salary is £19,750 but this could rise for the correct person but this is not guaranteed. Free car parking is available as is a company pension. The working hours are Monday to Thursday 8 till 4 and Friday 8 until 4 with a 1 hour lunch
This is a very exciting opportunity to start with a fantastic, supportive organisation and have the capacity to make this role your own. Interviews and start dates are flexible to meet both parties needs.
Please apply for this role or call Andy McCafferty for further details on 0115 9476326 or email