This can be a challenging environment, however due to the high demand of work this could be a long term opportunity for the correct candidate.
Key duties will include but not limited to:
• Trade qualification in Carpentry/Joinery i.e. NVQ or City & Guilds.
• To work as part of a multi-skilled team providing an efficient service.
• To carry out a wide range of Building work tasks.
• To work with hand tools and equipment in difficult areas.
• To carry out minor repair work e.g. minor building repairs with minimum of supervision
• To carry out all aspects of carpentry including dry wall lining erection, painting of various surfaces, fitting of specialist locks and door closures.
• Skills in basic roofing, tiling, decorating, patch plastering, and minor ground works, would prove helpful but not essential.
• To work safely with heavy equipment and at heights.
• Be well presented, and communicate effectively with clients and our coordinators.
• Being on call is required, 1 week in every 4 weeks.
• full valid UK driving licence.
• you must be able to pass the DBS national standard security vetting process.
A tracked company vehicle will be provided for work and call out purposes only.
You will be expected to complete reactive repairs and planned preventative maintenance across a variety of commercial and Domestic buildings along the full length of M4 corridor but mainly Cardiff, Swansea area.