Full time salary: £17,303 – £20,059 per annum
Faculty/Unit: Estates and Facilities
Hours per week: 37 hours per week
Closing date of vacancy Monday 13th August 2018 at 12 noon
Calderdale College is the largest provider of further education (post-16) courses, work-based learning (Apprenticeships) and the sole provider of higher education awards in Calderdale, and currently in the top 5% of College’s in the UK for 16-18 student success.
We are seeking to appoint a Senior Receptionist to join our successful team, responsible for the provision of a first class front of house service to students, staff and external visitors. The post holder will be responsible for managing a small team ensuring training and developmental requirements are met. The post holder will also be responsible for reviewing existing processes and procedures in order to improve service delivery, providing a professional and friendly front of house service. Further duties include acting as Senior Fire Warden, First Aider and managing the distribution and posting of mail.
Key qualities sought:
- Experience working in a busy reception area in a senior/management role
- Strong supervisory, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Can you deliver exceptional customer service?
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and achieve deadlines
- Experience of using computerised booking systems and databases
- Responsible for health and safety within your work area
- An evident ‘positive’ and ‘can do’ attitude to strengthen the Colleges’ culture and values of integrity, respect, openness, fairness, high expectation and enjoyment
- A good standard of education including Literacy and Numeracy to Level 2 and NVQ Level 3 in Business Management/Customer Services or equivalent
The College offers a wide range of core benefits to all its employees, including:
- Free onsite car parking
- Childcare vouchers
- Good quality pension scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Sovereign Health Care (to help with everyday costs of health and well-being)
- Subsidized café and restaurant
We also offer staff discounted rates at the College’s well equipped gym and access to The Full Works Beauty Salon.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects its staff to share this commitment. Employment at the College is subject to an Enhanced DBS check. If you have a disability and meet the minimum criteria, you will be offered an interview.
For an information pack and application form, please visit our website.
“Inspiring learners to succeed in life and in work”