Sales Area Manager
Sales Area Manager (South West)
Home based – responsible for South Wales and West Midlands
£Excellent + car + attractive benefits package
37.5 hour week
We are looking for an enthusiastic fertilizer Sales Area Manager for our well established, global client with sales to 160 countries. Looking after South Wales and West Midlands area you will be a Sales Manager with commercial competence, strong agronomic knowledge and with a proved track record.
Reporting to the Business Manager the successful Sales Area Manager will be home based with specific responsibility for the sale and promotion of our client's products. Sales channels will be via both wholesale and retail routes selling direct to farm. Direct contact with farmers to understand their needs and to create market pull is a key part of the Sales Area Manager's position.
The Sales Manager will ideally be based in Herefordshire or South West, however candidates from other regions will be considered.
Key Area Sales Manager Responsibilities:
- To help the company continue to achieve high sales volumes and profitability
- Visit existing customers and maintain current business by troubleshooting, reporting and addressing problems and build lasting business relationships
- Explain technical features of products/new products
- Develop sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts; cold calling new accounts; building rapport; providing technical information and explanations, preparing quotations
- Follow up on leads generated by the Company's web site and converting these into sales
- Assess competitors by analysing and summarising competitor information and trends
Personal Specification – Area Sales Manager:
- Proven sales experience, preferably within an agricultural environment
- Educated to decree level of equivalent, ideally in agriculture
- Preferably with agronomic experience or the ability to communicate the agronomy message
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- A sound financial understanding
- Self-motivated and target focused
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Hold a valid UK driving licence
- FACTS qualification would be advantageous but not essential
You may currently be working as an Environmental Manager, Farm Sales Manager or an Agricultural Sales Manager and be enticed by this exciting opportunity.