Residential Care Worker
5 days left
- Full Time
We are currently looking to recruit, and Senior Care Workers to join our expanding team in a non-institutional Residential Children’s Home located in the Nottinghamshire area. We have a passion for excellence and pride ourselves on delivering a high standard of care.
Hilltop House has experienced a period of change involving a brand new management team within the home who are seeking a new, fresh and energetic staff team to move the home forward. We are seeking experienced, confident and positive Senior Residential Care Workers to assist the management team in delivery therapeutic care to vulnerable young people as well as support and lead care workers on a day to day basis.
Hilltop House is an established residential home that provides care for girls aged between 11-18 years old. Our home specialises in working with young females at risk of Child Sexual Exploitation who display Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties (EBD). For more information please visit our website: https://www.footstepstofutures.co.uk/ and read our Statement of Purpose.
The aim of our service is to provide a safe and empowering place for all young people to live in. The team’s role is to improve the quality of life of young people and help them prepare for early adulthood.
The home operates as a ‘Therapeutic Community’ which means that activities and groupwork is a central part of the care delivered at Hilltop House. In this environment, we empower the young people to make positive choices about their lives.
Successful candidates will have:
- Experience of working with children and young people with challenging behaviour.
- Knowledge on how to support children and young people who experience EBD.
- A compassionate understanding of the complex needs of young people.
- Knowledge of the importance of safeguarding vulnerable young people.
- Strong communication skills.
- An ability to work within a team to help support and motivate each other to provide outstanding care.
- The passion and dedication needed to positively impact the lives of young people.
This role is a great opportunity for:
- Individuals who have current experience in working with children in care who want a new challenge or opportunity to progress within the industry.
- Graduates wanting to gain experience and enter a career in psychology or social care.
- Individuals who wish to change their career path to pursue a challenging yet rewarding career working with children in care.
Applicants should be aware that the role requires long shifts and overnight sleeps in the home and therefore should carefully consider the suitability of the role. Successful applicants will be offered the role subject to suitable references and an enhanced DBS check.
We invest in all of our employees and we will provide a full programme of mandatory training for the role which includes; Full Induction, CSE training, Safeguarding, Assessment Skills, Intervention Planning, Management of Risk, Equality and Diversity, Fire Safety, and Team Building. In addition, we also run specialist training packages for all staff including; Trauma, Boundaries, Compassionate Care, Bereavement, Positive Behaviour Support, Therapeutic Communities and many more.
- Level 3 Diploma in Childrens Health and Social Care or an equivalent.
- A year’s experience working with children in care.
- A working knowledge of safeguarding children.
Required licence or certification:
- Driving Licence
- Business Insurance
Salary from: £18,928 to £24,128 depending on experience
To apply please send a copy of your CV by clicking onto the apply button.
Apply for Residential Care Worker
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly