There’s an art to team leadership, isn’t there. Some people need an arm around them, some need a nudge…
We’re looking for a Production Supervisor like you – someone who knows the right approach to take at the right time.
You can handle the difficult conversations and obstacles… You’re a problem-solver. You’re an influencer.
It’s these qualities we’re looking for at CEMEX, a global group and an industry-leading provider of sustainable and innovative materials and products for the construction industry.
The future is bright. You’ll be joining a site poised for major investment in equipment, machinery and technology.
Ambitious? Good; you’ll be part of a stable, growing business boasting a low staff turnover and potential for career progression – a realistic next career step is a promotion to Works Manager within the next few years.
- Overseeing all production activities within the block and slabs plant
- Motivating a diverse team comprising production staff, stores people, and a foreman
- Driving health and safety adherence and the achievement of team KPIs
- Liaising with engineers
- Overseeing paperwork and carrying out risk assessments on-site
- Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm
- Joining a stable and growing industry leader
- A busy site, set for significant investment
- An annual, performance-based bonus on top of a competitive salary
- 23 days’ annual leave, plus stats, rising to 25 after 12 months
- Buxton offers beautiful scenery and countryside twinned with nearby cities
- Experience in team management – at least five people, ideally 15 to 20
- IOSH qualified, ideally NEBOSH too
- Relevant industry experience – building/construction products experience; if not, heavy engineering
- Proven success in speaking to and influencing a team
- Confident using Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel
- SAP, ERP and/or MRP experience not essential but welcomed
What else is in it for you?
CEMEX is a flagship business that contributes to major construction developments – such as Wembley Stadium, Heathrow, and the Channel Tunnel.
We’re big believers in longevity. Eighty percent of our hiring is carried out internally – the majority of people who join us believe in what we do, enjoy it, and stay with us on our journey.
We generate some £775m in UK annual sales and have more than more than 40,000 employees worldwide. We provide tailored solutions and applications, striving for innovation and quality. We are at the forefront of the construction industry’s shift towards cost-effective, efficient and environmentally friendly solutions.
If you’d like to help us remain number one in what we do, apply now by submitting your CV.
This advert is being managed by Partners of Research Ltd. trading as Hiring People. Your details will be passed onto our client. In some cases, where our client is acting on behalf of another employer, your details will also be passed onto them. We expect our clients to hold your data in a responsible fashion, but ultimately have no control. Partners of Research Ltd and/or our client may contact you confirming receipt of your application. Your data will be located on servers both within and outside the EU.