OVO Energy is leading a new generation of energy providers with a fresh outlook and a unique way of doing business. We believe in fuelling human progress with clean and abundant energy for all. Now, we’re looking for a Commercial Manager to join us either on a permanent basis or on a 6 – 12 month contract.
Responsible for managing the OVO Group procurement process end-to-end, including liaising with:
- Stakeholders to ensure procurement process is followed correctly
- Commercial Finance Partners to review and challenge requests for new suppliers or spend
- Third party suppliers / vendors and OVO’s legal team to review and negotiate supplier terms
- Ensuring all aspects of the process are fulfilled, including submitting relevant information and documents, and uploading correct details to Workday (central Finance and contract depository system)
- Refining and adapting procurement processes - e.g., for new entities that join the Group
- Liaising with Finance Director to maintain authorisation levels and limits
- Liaising with the Group’s risk function to record and manage risks arising from procuring goods and services
- Assisting Finance Director with managing Group insurance policies and ongoing claims
- Managing the junior procurement administrative assistant
Skills and Experience
- Wide range of commercial contracts, particularly technology services procurement and commercial distribution
- Creating and implementing processes to ensure efficient, high quality workflow with matters prioritised according to business objectives
- Operating in a high growth, fast-paced business involving operational and structural complexities
- Highly organised and process-driven - while retaining flexibility to adapt to other teams’ way of working and OVO’s agile culture
- Excellent common-sense judgement and a willingness to operate out of his or her comfort zone
- Highly responsive and pro-active - goes beyond the ‘doing’ to establish efficient processes to maximise value of procurement process
- Ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders in each business division
- Strong, articulate communicator – written and oral.
- Gravitas to manage senior business team members, particularly escalating challenging issues or risks
- Strong team player who can delegate and supervise effectively
- Ability to juggle a large and varied workload with rapidly shifting priorities, including managerial tasks
To apply for the role of Commercial Manager, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Commercial Manager, Contract, Permanent, Procurement Manager, IT Procurement Manager, Technology Procurement Manager, Purchasing Manager, Purchasing and Procurement Manager, Senior Buyer, Procurement.