East Grinstead, West Sussex
Are you a warehouse professional looking for your next challenge?
Could you thrive as a Goods-In Operative for a growing fulfilment and logistics company?
If so, read on.
We’re ILG (International Logistics Group). We’re an independent fulfilment, warehousing and logistics provider with over 25 years’ experience and market-leading status.
Due to continued planned growth, we are now seeking a Goods-In Operative to join our Goods-In team in East Grinstead.
- Salary of £16,668 - £17,333
- Bonus scheme
- Healthshield (care package and discounts)
- 20 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays + birthday off and option to buy / sell holiday
- Free, on-site parking
- Life assurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Twice yearly salary reviews
- Free tea and coffee
This is a great opportunity to advance your warehousing career with a company that loves to promote from within and retain the best people.
As a Goods-In Operative, you will be involved in every aspect of the smooth running of the Goods In Department, as well as the warehouse as a whole.
You’ll receive and book in client stock in-line with SLAs, support stock control activities and carry out picking, packing and dispatch duties when required.
Additionally, you will:
- Receive and review stock and enter information into the Goods In log
- Ensure that stock cycle counts are completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Contribute to audited counts of full stock-holding on a regular basis
- Make sure that deliveries taken in are communicated to the correct contact
- Ensure that goods leaving the warehouse are signed for and all paperwork is passed on to the Customer Service Team
To be considered as a Goods-In Operative, you will need:
- Warehouse experience, ideally including goods in experience
- Experience in a role requiring accuracy and attention to detail
- An awareness of the importance of health and safety in a warehousing environment
- Strong IT skills and the ability to learn new systems
- Good numeracy skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
A forklift truck (FLT) licence or experience would be beneficial to your application.
This role will involve some lifting and carrying of heavy items.
Other organisations may call this role Goods-In Operative, Warehouse Assistant, Goods In Co-ordinator, Goods In Assistant, Warehouse Operative, Warehouse Co-ordinator, Goods In Operative, Picker, Packer, Distribution Assistant, Distribution Operative, or Logistics Operative.
To apply for the role of Goods-In Operative, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.