1 day left
- Full Time
Our client has an extensive network of 18 manufacturing facilities in the UK, employing approximately 1,800 people.
They are a leading manufacturer of a diverse and trusted range of concrete and clay building products used extensively within the construction sector, with instantly recognisable brands such as Thermalite blocks, London Brick, Ecostock, Cradley, Formpave and Jetfloor, Bison Precast.
Their product range comprises of clay bricks, Thermalite blocks, aggregate blocks, Red Bank chimney, roofing and flue systems, precast concrete and flooring products and Formpave permeable paving.
They represent exactly what they do and have always done. Their purpose is to manufacture products that are the essential to the nation’s construction sector, helping their customers build with ease and confidence. Moreover, they continue to lead their industry in terms of standards and safety.
They are currently looking for an enthusiastic individual to join their team in Measham in the position of Mechanical Engineer.
The Successful candidate will be required to work as part of a small combined production and maintenance team working continental shifts (4 on 4 off) rotating days and nights. The role will require 100% commitment to a zero-tolerance safety and continuous improvement culture.
- Maintenance reporting through CMMS system
- Breakdown Reporting through MBR’S
- Completion of TPM/PPM activities
- To constantly monitor each stage of the process.
- Ensure correct spare parts are fitted to operate safely
- Rectify all stoppages/malfunctions asking for assistance when needed.
- Adherence to site P.P.Epolicy
- Ensure all housekeeping duties are carried out as and when required.
- Report all irregularities/health & safety issues to plant managers/shift managers
- Adherence to site LOTOTO procedure
The job requires formal education or qualification, the role does require proof of a level of attainment in a Mechanical maintenance field.
- Company online Induction
- Timed served mechanical apprenticeship
- Silica Awareness
- Working at Height
- Risk assessments and one-minute risk assessment
- Confined space training
- Spill Training
- Additional training
- Forklift training
- Various other mobile plant
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email