We are looking for a full time gardener/handyperson to work on a beautiful 25 acre estate near Lamberhurst. Working for a young private family, you will be discreet, hard working and experienced to help manage the estate grounds, woodland areas, paddock and main garden areas.
Mon - Fri - 40 hours per week. Up to £20,000 per annum depending on experience.
Duties will include:
- Mowing, strimming, hedgecutting, shrub and border maintenance and generally keeping the gardens, lawns and beds in a presentable state. Previous use of power tools and heavy gardening equipment is essential.
- Undertaking other physical gardening duties such as pruning, planting, bank and paddock maintenance. You should be willing to carry out a range of other gardening tasks as they arise.
- Maintenance of the estate and paddocks on a full-time basis, with woodland, logging and tree maintenance and other handyperson tasks during winter months and outside of the growing season.
- Using a tractor to maintain the paddocks and orchard will also be necessary.
- Support with household maintenance for the various properties on the estate.
- Cleaning, protecting, and maintaining all tools, equipment and machinery.
- Ensuring security of the properties, outbuildings and garages on the estate at all times.
The successful applicant will be conscientious and well presented, honest, flexible in approach to work, be physically fit and have a positive ‘can-do’ attitude. A full UK driving licence is essential, as is your own car for travel to and from the estate. Access to a variety of ride on mowers, tractors and vehicles will be provided on the estate for day to day use. All tools provided.