Trainee BI/MI Developer / Junior Software Developer - BI/MI
3 days left
- Full Time
Job Title: Trainee BI/MI Developer
Salary: £25,000 dependant on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Purpose of the role:
As part of the Data Team, part of the wider Architecture & Engineering function -
- You will help deliver BI and MI development, support, design, platforms and how improve how BI and MI is used within the Company - including work with full Microsoft BI stack: SQL Server 2016, SSIS, SSAS (Tabular), SSRS and Power BI
- Assist with administration, support, development and change implementation to the BI and MI platforms, including but not limited to ETL Framework (SSIS), ODS/DWH and Tabular Data Model (SSAS)
- Design and implement reports and dashboards with Power BI, SSRS and Jasper Soft Studio based on close interactions with the Data Analysis Team and Business Stakeholders
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Knowledge - Develop an understanding of the way BI has been set-up and implemented across the Company and become familiar all existing data sources within the Company environment, how data is utilised for reporting
- Design - Support and implement data architecture in the transitional and target designs for the overarching BI design at the COmpany. Working with the data development team agree design principles and patterns for industry best practice BI/MI implementation
- Support - Assist users across the organisation, analysts, and other developers to find resolutions to data issues and troubleshoot issues with the BI/MI environments where required
- Small Change & Continuous Improvement - Collaborate with business and IT stakeholders to formulate and assess ideas for enhancements to BI/MI and input into prioritisation, impact analysis, estimates and scheduling
- Change Analysis - Perform analysis of business requirements to generate functional requirements for enhancements - providing consultancy where needed to help refine requirements and find the best solution and to devise performance and test criteria
- Change Delivery - Develop and deliver BI/MI enhancements or new features in line with project or program requirements, as well as supporting/delivering BAU change
- Standards and Governance - Develop standards, processes, quality and performance criteria for BI/MI Development to ensure consistency across reports within the Company environment
- Strategic Direction - Work with the architecture team and other members of the applications team to achieve the strategic roadmap for BI within the Company
Key knowledge and experience:
- MS SQL Server 2008+ including:
- T-SQL Skills
- Performance tuning
- Data profiling
- Experience working in an agile data development environment
- Power BI (desktop and service)
- Experience with Analysis Services Tabular models
- Experience with other BI tools e. Spotfire, Tableau
- Data Quality Services (DQS)
- Master Data Management (MDM)
- An existing coaching accreditation is advantageous
The Company is the UK's largest independent invoice finance specialist and a trusted provider of funding solutions to over 7,000 businesses. Through their network of 19 local offices, they handle annual client turnover of £5 billion since 2010, they have advanced more than £26bn to small and medium sized businesses throughout the country.
Formed in 1982, they are a member of the Asset Based Finance Association (ABFA) and support businesses in over 300 industry sectors. Globally, the company has operations in 44 locations, in 14 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia, supporting more than 9,500 business customers worldwide.
In 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 the company was awarded a place in The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For, ranking 48th in the most recent poll. They are supported by their parent company, a 208-year old business-to-business services group involved in logistics, shipping and ship management, floating accommodation, hydrographic survey and geophysical services, offshore project management, retail and construction equipment hire.
Please click on the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the Company's careers page.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: MI/BI Developer, Junior Developer, Trainee Software developer, Trainee Software Engineer, Software Engineer, Developer, Programmer, Software Programming, Software Development, IT Developer, Technical Developer, IT Software Engineer, Software Development Engineer may also be considered for this role.
Apply for Trainee BI/MI Developer / Junior Software Developer - BI/MI
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly