Talent Manager / Professional Development Manager
Job Title: Talent Manager
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 dependant on experience + Car Allowance
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Purpose of the role:
- In alignment with the Business & HR strategy and operating plans , the purpose of this role is to support and lead on the execution of the Talent agenda in order to secure the Leadership pipeline required for business continuity and growth
- Taking an evidence based approach, this role will operate as subject matter expert to support, executive and advise on Talent outputs at Global level.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- With the Head of Talent & Leadership Development, to lead and execute the Company Talent Strategy and ensures clear link to Business Strategy & Opportunities.
- Design, deliver, and evaluate the Company Talent Development Programmes & Processes, in conjunction with the Talent Development Operations team.
- Works with the Centres of Excellence to collect and analyse Talent-related data and report findings to support key talent decisions.
- Embed and support D&I as an integral part of Talent
- Work with Head of Reward to integrate both disciplines
- Works in partnership with Resourcing Team to design and delivery specific talent interventions to support the overall Talent Acquisition strategy.
- Oversee and evaluate the Talent Acquisition schemes (Academies, graduate schemes and Apprenticeships)
- Lead Emerging Talent Programmes for individuals and whole teams
- Support HRBPs to monitor Succession and Retention Plans
- Support HRBPs with business areas and own Global Talent Plans
- Upskilling stakeholders on talent best practice as required
- Monitor the ongoing progress of anchor and critical roles and adjust strategies and plans as needed
- Works with Talent and Development Operations to continue to build mentoring network specifically the training and coaching of identified mentors, and to measure the return on investment and expectations of the mentoring initiative
- Analyse and provide narrative to support the evaluation of Talent initiatives
- Working with Leadership Development & Assessment specialist, you will lead and support accelerated learning plans and tailored fast-track solutions
- Support Internal Talent Investment bidding processes
- Design and delivery of Talent forums
Essential knowledge and experience:
- Experienced Talent Manager with relevant qualifications in the People and Organisational Development fields (Human Resources, Business, Organisational Psychology or a closely related subject).
- Strong experience with assessment for Talent schemes such as pre-employment assessments, assessment centres, graduate schemes and apprenticeships.
- Experience to deliver training to more junior management levels and talent.
The Company is the UK's largest independent invoice finance specialist and a trusted provider of funding solutions to over 7,000 businesses. Through their network of 19 local offices, they handle annual client turnover of £5 billion since 2010, they have advanced more than £26bn to small and medium sized businesses throughout the country.
Formed in 1982, they are a member of the Asset Based Finance Association (ABFA) and support businesses in over 300 industry sectors. Globally, the company has operations in 44 locations, in 14 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia, supporting more than 9,500 business customers worldwide.
In 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 the company was awarded a place in The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For, ranking 48th in the most recent poll. They are supported by their parent company, a 208-year old business-to-business services group involved in logistics, shipping and ship management, floating accommodation, hydrographic survey and geophysical services, offshore project management, retail and construction equipment hire.
Please click on the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the Company's careers page.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: Talent and Development Manager, Learning and Development Manager, Talent and Leadership Manager, Training Controller, Learning and Development Controller, Talent and Leadership Controller, Training Supervisor, Learning and Development Supervisor, Talent and Leadership Supervisor, Training Coordinator, Learning and Development Coordinator, Talent and Leadership Coordinator may also be considered for this role.