Data Manager (Health sector)
Do you have expert knowledge of health and social care data? Are you at Senior level within leadership with proven expertise in programme and project management?
We are currently working in partnership with a major charity in the health sector, recruiting for a Health Data Manager to join the leadership team based at their head office in Vauxhall, London. As Health Data Lead for this organisation, your role purpose is to manage and lead the Health Data team by driving the development and delivery of insightful health data analysis and quantitative research. This is to better understand the UK cancer population and to direct the organisation`s strategy, policy and services work.
Your main accountabilities will include collaborating internally and externally on a planned pipeline of appropriate health data analysis, provide strong leadership and management and collaborate with Head of Data Development to ensure best effective use of data capability. You will also be responsible for overseeing the development and delivery of routine and innovative packages of analysis within a strong project management framework.
To do this role, you will have...
- Expert knowledge of health and social care data, especially the collection, management and governance of cancer data across the UK
- Outstanding knowledge of a wide range of quantitative research methods
- Good working knowledge of systems and IT infrastructure relating to data analytics
- Proven management and leadership expertise
- Programme and project management knowledge
- Understanding of the health service, cancer, and NHS commissioning and planning environments
- Ability to deliver significant, strategic pieces of analysis in a medium/large organisation
Once in the role, your aims will include...
- Further development of the health data function, building on the strong foundations already in place
- Successful management of delivery of a complex portfolio of health data analytics priorities, through responding to strategic objectives, and by contributing to shaping the way in which the organisation`s needs are met
- Leading a workforce of up to 7 people with 3 direct reports
- A 34 hour working week with an early finish on a Friday!
- 25 days annual leave, rising with service
- Regular salary reviews
- Season ticket and gym membership loans
- 7% contributory pension scheme
- Comprehensive training and development programme
Do you want to give back to the community by working for an charitable organisation? If you fit the above profile and have the required skills and expertise then apply now to be considered.