Business Systems Manager
3 days left
- Full Time
Cambridge University Press has an opportunity available for an innovative, collaborative and decisive Business Systems Manager to join our team based in Cambridge. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, we are offering a competitive salary of £45,000 - £55,000 per annum depending on experience, plus benefits.
We have over 2,500 talented employees across 50 international offices uniting all our publishing groups. We’re one of the world’s most respected publishers, driven by the purpose of unlocking people’s potential with the best learning and research solutions.
We need determined individuals to help make this happen. We work in global teams, tackle the big issues, raise education standards, and deliver innovative solutions to learners and researchers.
We will offer a fantastic benefits package to the Business Systems Manager:
- Dynamic work environment that empowers you to be your best
- Group personal pension
- Free life assurance
- Inclusive and flexible working environment
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- On-site fitness facilities
- Easily accessible with a 10 minutes walk from the train station
As our Business Systems Manager, you will lead our development and QA teams responsible for all facets of our publishing systems. The role is based in our Cambridge office, managing teams based in Cambridge and Manila, reporting directly to the Head of Business Systems.
Duties and responsibilities as our Business Systems Manager will include:
- Instrumental in the delivery of a new suite of global publishing systems across the main areas of our business, namely Education, English Language Teaching (ELT) and Academic publishing
- Ensure BAU support for existing systems that have been implemented within our global organisation
- Responsibility for the planned development, QA, deployment and ongoing support for these systems, ensuring that they are robust and fit for purpose
- Involved with a compelling systems development and migration strategy
We are looking to roll out new systems worldwide, allowing us to utilise the latest technologies to drive growth and efficiencies within our publishing environment, helping the wider business to improve our core strengths and position as a trusted university press publisher.
What skills and experience do we look for in a Business Systems Manager?
- A breadth of experience in both implementing and supporting similar publishing systems as well as having a wide knowledge of the associated systems and technology landscape
- Innovative about the longer-term future of our systems and our overall proposition within the publishing ecosystem as we must support The Press’s drive to help shape the scholarly communications of the future
- A significant and proven track record of managing Business Systems teams to deliver to tight timescales and challenging requirements as well as helping achieve key SLA’s
- Demonstrate the delivery and ongoing maintenance of a range of Business Systems and have a clear vision for how the Business Systems programme at the University Press can develop
- Extremely strong relationship with our six behavioural values; collaborative, decisive, empowering, innovative, responsible and responsive
- Thrive working with multiple teams, offering excellent communication lines and a clear sense of direction and purpose to maximise the performances across the team in working towards a common goal.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join an organisation that plays a leading role in today’s global market place as our Business Systems Manager.
If you’re ready to embrace the challenges and opportunities this role brings then please complete our online application form by Wednesday 22nd August.