£competitve + company benefits
GloucestershireLive is seeking to recruit a motivated and talented digital producer to join our team.
Covering an incredibly diverse and stunning county in the beautiful West Country, the successful candidate will publish and write content for Gloucestershirelive.
Their stories and content they publish may also be printed in the Citizen and Echo newspapers, covering Gloucester, Stroud, Cheltenham, Cotswolds and Forest of Dean.
We are looking for someone with news desk experience or an ambitious and talented senior reporter ready to step up into content management.
This is an exciting opportunity where you would be joining a newsroom full of talented, self-driven journalists.
- Manage reporters on rota to deliver trending content.
- Publish reporters' content and self-publish trending content to the highest standards.
- Deliver content in a way which engages and drives digital audience.
- Be available to work a 7-day shift pattern covering the newsdesk at weekends/holidays as required.
- Deliver high-quality, accurate and well-written multimedia content.
- Use search and social media analytics to identify digital audience and content trends.
- Be adept on social media to build audiences and communities and ensure that content is shared on social platforms.
- Source third-party and social content.
- Provide live coverage for live blogs when required.
- Shoot video, audio and take pictures when required.
- Possess a thorough, up-to-date knowledge of media law and industry guidelines
The ideal candidate
You'll have a senior journalism qualification, a minimum of two years working in a newsroom and experience publishing digital content.
Experience managing reporters is advantageous but not essential for a talented senior with a proven digital storytelling track record.
- You understand all the storytelling requirements of a digital newsroom.
- You will have an innate understanding of building engaging content for a local audience.
- You will have brilliant ideas for engaging and shareable content.
- You will know every potential online source for great local and national content that would be engaging for a local audience - and where to find an audience for unique content that should go viral.
- You have excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- You will be motivated by the challenge of producing stories ready for digital audience spikes.
- You have experience shooting and editing video.
- Full driving licence.
Where you will be based
You will be working in our Gloucester office and remotely when required.
GloucestershireLive is based in the heart of the historic Quays area of the county capital.
Gloucestershire is one of the most visited counties in the UK for good reason, as it is home to international tourist hotspot the Cotswolds, brilliant festivals and arts events in Cheltenham and Stroud and Gloucester Cathedral, where the cloisters were featured in the Harry Potter films.
About Reach plc
Reach plc (Formerly Trinity Mirror plc) has an award-winning portfolio of newspapers, websites and digital products, and is one of the UK's largest multimedia companies employing over six thousand people across more than sixty locations around the country.
In addition to competitive salaries, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc offer a host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process.