Senior Live Reporter
StokeonTrentLive is the largest media and publishing business in Staffordshire - a highly successful and fast-growing news, sport and entertainment website which complements the much-loved Sentinel newspaper.
We are looking to recruit a talented senior live news reporter with bags of energy and enthusiasm.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in one of the largest Reach PLC newsrooms - brimming with award-winning, passionate journalists.
You must be able to deliver compelling content that engages with our audience across a wide range of platforms, 24/7.
The successful candidate will have first class digital and social media skills and be a terrific communicator - able to bring to life the content that matters to our audience.
About the Company
Reach PLC is one of the UK's largest multimedia publishers, with an award-winning portfolio of five national and 130 regional titles and more than 500 digital products.
We are digital first and audience-focused. Our journalists and titles consistently win awards for agenda-setting news and innovative storytelling, allowing readers to explore information via bespoke digital tools or live blogging and video to cover breaking news and sport. We are experts at using social media and pride ourselves on the digital training and development available to our journalists.
- Telling stories through pictures, video, audio, live blogs and other interactive digital storytelling tools, using innovative techniques that grow audiences and engagement
- Taking a 'right first-time' approach to all content and have a pedantic attitude to accuracy
- Identifying breaking news by utilising social media as a way to quickly establish further factual information that will support stories
- Using a range of digital formats that will enhance coverage and increase brand visibility
- Providing live coverage of news and events for live blogs and breaking news as required
- Writing content responsively, driven by analytics to deliver on audience trends
- Taking responsibility for a content theme such as a geographic area, campaign or other area of interest, as directed
- Effectively build strong contacts for story-gathering in local communities
The Ideal Candidate
- You'll possess a NCTJ-accredited Journalism qualification
- 1-2 years experience working on a newspaper
- Understanding of digital publishing including SEO
- Solid understanding of social media and comfortable using social publishing tools
- Up-to-date legal and IPSO code knowledge
- Full driving licence.
- You will be motivated by the challenge of producing stories ready for digital audience spikes.
You can look forward to a competitive salary, 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), contributory pension scheme, plus many other benefits available to you as a Trinity Mirror employee.
Trinity Mirror plc is committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.