Shop Floor Supervisor / Engineering Team Leader - Welding
Job Title: Shop Floor Supervisor
Location: Darwen, Lancashire
Salary: £15 per hour
Job Type: Permanent, Full time
Hours: Mon to Thu 8am - 5pm, Fri 8am -2pm
Established for over 35 years and now one of the North West's leading & multi award winning Engineering companies, the Company is looking to recruit an experienced Supervisor for the shop floor in the Engineering Department in Darwen, Lancs.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Shop Floor Supervisor to progress within a dynamic and rapidly expanding engineering firm.
- To supervise all staff members including charge hands, tradesmen and laborer's
- To set a high standard of workmanship and behavior for self and team members
- To mentor, coach and develop groups of people
- Ensure all employees observe company Health and Safety regulations at all times
- Maintain company quality standards through rigorous monitoring of employee performance
- Inspect all finished product to company standards and drive compliance with employees
- To promote and suggest improvement activities which could increase productivity and efficiency
- To follow all company processes and procedures
- To supervise and co-ordinate delivery of incoming materials to welding bays
- Take ultimate responsibility for keeping the factory, yard and site tidy
- Ensure that machinery, plant and building is maintained including updating all check lists
- To promote team working
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Must be from a welding and fabrication background
- Previous supervisory experience
- Relevant qualification in supervisory management
- Must be pro-active and determined to resolve all issues
- Prepared to challenge the status quo and not to accept the 'norm'
- Structured and organised with daily tasks
- To give and receive regular constructive feedback
- Team player
- 25 days holiday plus bank holiday
- Free car parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Benefit Loan Scheme
- Company Pension scheme
- Healthcare & Wellbeing Cashback Scheme
Please note that due to the nature of the role, no sponsorship or relocation packages will be available for this position so all candidates must be eligible to both live and work in the UK to be considered.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Covering Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Operations Supervisor, Shop Floor Supervisor, Team Leader, Shop Floor Coordinator, Engineering Team Coordinator, Operations Team Leader, Shop Floor Team Leader, Engineering Team Supervisor, Manufacturing Supervisor, Manufacturing Team Leader will also be considered for the role.